Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone here ride with a cape when it's pouring?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

maybe unfashionable but they seem to give good protection and can weigh very little ..wondering about getting a cheap one for emergencies when out on the roadbike

derekrides
    Free Member

Can you still get them?

I shall google cycle cape straight away, it’s time I got one, sooner or later it’s going to rain down here and when it does it’ll probably go on for days..

ton

when touring on the road i do.
    i use a waterproof walking poncho, cos it covers me better.

kaiser
    Free Member

Do you find it works well Ton ..and doesn’t get in the way?
    I’d be using it with drops on an audax bike

molgrips
    Free Member

I can’t imagine it keeps you more than half dry, to be honest. I get as wet from below as I do from above.

tagger
    Free Member

Didn’t Decathlon do their own take on the cape?

http://www.decathlon.fr/poncho-3-vert-id_8118291.html
    Only suitable for Autons, apparently.

coffeeking
    Free Member

This guy.

kaiser
    Free Member

tbh with you the decathlon version looks very practical and cheap . stops the upper legs getting soaked and cold. IDGAF what i look like when it’s raining so may be it’s one to consider . Also probably far less sweaty than a conventional jacket cos loads of room for air circulation

ton

Bill, it is big enough for me to sit on the back so does not blow/ride up, and it has thumb loops glued inside so i am kept pretty dry.

it might be too big for normal size folk tho. i look like the circus big top riding around in it……… 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I tried an old skool cape once – its was like riding in a parachute as it caught the wind.

Molgrips – you need mudguards

CountZero

Can you still get them?
    I shall google cycle cape straight away, it’s time I got one, sooner or later it’s going to rain down here and when it does it’ll probably go on for days..

The BBC seemed to have no problems for their station ident film.

shaxi
    Free Member

i like the style of super man !aha! 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone here ride with a cape when it's pouring?’ is closed to new replies.