Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone got a Specialized Camber Carbon?
  • chrispuppet

Hi. I am thinking of buying a carbon camber as I have been offered a great deal from the shop. Anyone had one for a while that can let me know what they think it would be appreciated

Cheers

flange
    Free Member

Yes – and very nice it is too

I’ve raced a 12 hour (D2D), done a couple of trail centres and did 70 miles of mixed riding on it yesterday. It’s quite neutral on the handling side of things but feels pretty stable in the air. I’ve left it completely stock at teh moment but will look to change the tyres soon’ish as they’re not much cop and I’ve helitaped everything as the toptube took a few grazes on my first ride.

light, fast and comfy if not exciting to ride.

chrispuppet

Cheers. Looking for a long distance bike with a bit of trail centre stuff now and then so just what I am looking for. Thanks for taking the time!

tonyg2003

Yep got one 3 weeks ago (2012 not the bright new colours 2013). So far I’ve done a couple of 50 mile plus rides. Overall excellent – I’ve left it stock. I may get some lighter wheels/tyres in time but otherwise I’m very pleased with it.

heihei

Done a couple of rides on a 2013 one. My first 29er so difficult to judge what is the Camber vs what is a 29er. Impressions are very positive though – fast, light, very good climber, has “only” 110mm travel but this doesn’t seem to hold it back.
    Only criticism of standard spec is forks are QR rather than bolt-thru.

jonkineticcycles
    Free Member

DT RWS skewer does add a bit (it’s a proper 10mm RWS too)

If you’re local to us (hertfordshire) we have one you could demo.

chrispuppet

Pick my 2012 one up next weekend! 🙂

stufive
    Free Member

I had a camber comp for a year I sold it to get a five, the bushing on the rear shock kept going on mine, changed it three times in 11 months and all the rear section bearings too about ten of them! grr decent bike though light and chuckable just couldnt cope with the abuse around here

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Specialized Camber Carbon?’ is closed to new replies.