Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone got a RAW Orange Five ?
  • womble321
    Free Member

Any pictures u have would be great.Cheers Ian

dickie
    Free Member

STW Long Termer

Also for sale in the classifieds.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have. You have to ask them very nicely and they don’t like doing them. I got mine because I was a LBS staffer.

Doesn’t look great in photos but in the flesh it’s nice- it looks workman like. For me it was this or black and I feel like I’ve made the right choice.

wrecker
    Free Member

Munrobiker, that looks ace. I cant think why they don’t like making them. The keep it simple approach fits the 5 very well I think. I have a raw spot and would be reluctant to have a painted bike again.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I think it’s because you can see all the machine marks and so on. While I think it looks cool, I can imagine it putting a lot of people off. A guy I know has one that he got bare then polished and he says his turned up with heat marks from the welding and so on.

The polished one looks amazing, and if I were to go for another colour that’d be it.

Like I say, you may have an issue getting one as they don’t offer them unless you’re in the trade, which is how Sim and I think Hadge got theirs.

Mine’s a 17″ if that helps too.

jwt
    Free Member

I seem to remember the ever popular Steve Jones of Dirt had a polished 5 frame set, they had built up a very light 5 and went to the lengths of unpainted then polished to shave off the grams.
    Can’t remember which issue or the weight of it though?

_tom_
    Free Member

One of the few Fives that I really like the look of munrobiker 🙂 Raw/silver really is the best colour for a bike.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Jones’s 5 was a lightweight frame with a 1.2mm downtube instead of a 1.6mm one iirc.

.duncan
    Free Member

RAWed and polished

More info on it will be up on the web in a bit..!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a RAW Orange Five ?’ is closed to new replies.