Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • anyone entered Set2Rise this year?
  • julianwilson
    Free Member

cheeky trailsing on MOD land?? 😯 zoiks, never!!

Is it raining there yet? Still sunny over here, and fretting over pile of tyres/van interface. Think I'll take them all just in case!

Leaving any minute now. 🙂
    Got my waterproofs packed. 😕
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/devizes_forecast_weather.html

If you see a big fat beardy bloke on a banana coloured 29er wearing Vegan Cyclists kit, say hello.

Shame about the rain.
    The first two laps were a bit slippery weren't they ? 😀
    A lot of riders seemed to give up because of it, the course was a bit empty by 5am. If only they'd stuck with it, it was surprising how much it dried up overnight.
    10 laps for me, 10th/48 solo male.
    Any chance of a veterans class for next year ?

carlphillips
    Free Member

was slippy but good, glad the rain stopped after a while, course i thought was better than last year. once again a good event, well done.

nicks
    Free Member

Great weekend, friendly racing and easy/clean passing.The course got faster and faster as it dried out. Sketchy drive home this morning !

cheers

Nick s (Mule Bar Strudels )

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I was disgusted about the lack of free Mule bars. Was smashing otherwise though.

rob2
    Free Member

are the results out yet? Excellent course, shame my fitness wasn't!

captain_bastard
    Free Member

thanks SPAM, really nice course. first time riding solo, can honestly say i enjoyed every lap (apart from the mushy bit of fire-road in the middle).

xcstu
    Free Member

mmmm mule bars 😉

Great event just a shame the rain cound't have stayed away a bit longer… Cracking course still mind….

Never know a fire road to get worse like that, so so stinky!

Will be back next year 😉

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Yea was a really good event, and I think everyone rallied despite the weather. I was in a mixed team and we kept going all night; there seemed to be plenty of people on the course right through til morning, and looking at the results suggests there weren't many drop outs. I got fastest lap which I was pretty happy about, but can imagine it would have been a good 4-5 minutes faster in the dry.
    I'll be looking forward to doing it again next year.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘anyone entered Set2Rise this year?’ is closed to new replies.