Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Anyone else without a bike??
  • freeman
    Free Member

Times are hard, so ive had to sell my bikes 😥

Anyone else in the same boat??

Hopefully i might be able to afford a replacement before the summer arrives…… Heres hoping!!

Reluctant
    Free Member

Sorry for you mate, times must be very hard, after all a bike in your life needn’t be expensive – there’s fun to be had with cheap bikes too! Hope your finances pick up soon, anyhow.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Do you have a wife or girlfriend you could pimp out. Anything before the bikes.

backhander
    Free Member

This is horrible!
    Mate I truly feel for you and really hope that your luck changes.
    Howabout a STW whip round of unused bike parts?
    I’ll start with an XT front mech (it’s all I have lying around)

sharki
    Free Member

Close to it for me but it’s almost worthless and will be the last thing to go.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Geez thats grim. Second what the other poster said about a cheap bike.

I have a saddle, a 27.2 seat post, some tyres and tubes… Do you reckon we can have a whip round and get a whole bike together?

Andy

Cheap bike easy to do. FWIW I have an old pair of disc wheels I could throw in.

freeman
    Free Member

Thanks folks, i still have a few bits kicking around in the bike shed, i just need to be able to afford frame and forks, but not just at the moment.

trail_rat
    Free Member

im without a bike just now 🙁 my own fault though.

on the plus side we are hiring a tandem for the weekend :#

good luck getting a bike together for summer

timbur
    Free Member

Keep an eye out at your local tip. It’s amazing what people will throw away! Locally £5 gets you a bike of some description. You just need to be there on the right day for a “proper” one.

ollie
    Free Member

I’m not without a bike but I only have the one now, My Reign.
    I have to use this for all my riding including my commute and I get some funny looks off other cyclists for riding such a big brute on the roads.

loddrik
    Free Member

Sold a 575 snd a Ti ht and bought one 5″ bike, cannot justify more than one bike at the moment with £850 per month nursery fees

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Mines in bits at the moment while i re-build it and add new parts. Id only intended it as a full strip and service but now ive got an inbred frame and juicy 5s to add, the Frame needs a seat clamp and new front mech so ive got to get those too and the juicy 5s are in dire need of a service of there own. So it looks like it will be a 3rd week without any bike while i get those issues sorted.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

£850 a month!

stuff oil and gas, there’s better money to be made form kids!

therevokid
    Free Member

not so much no bike as no knee – I’ve got the beloved HT but
    a bad knee so I can look but not touch :-[

Soup
    Free Member

Freeman – I know how it feels. Had to sell my Trek Madone Dura Ace equipped road bike and my Specialized Epic with XTR last summer for the same reason. Was a horrible day. I didn’t feel like me for a while.

Kept my SS Kona Hei Hei though as it’s been with me for about 18 years. Too attached.

Hope things pick up soon chap.

bomberman
    Free Member

my advice: start putting a tenner away each week in a little box labelled “bike fund”. you never know when a bargain turns up on the classifieds…

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Freeman, we’ve got an old pair of forks, they’re awful but just about ridable, I think. We’d be happy to put in some money to get you a frame too – if you’re not too fussy, I’m sure between us we could find something cheap. Don’t you reckon guys? How tall are you?

Sharki – sorry to hear that mate, is there anything we can do to help? What do you do for a job – we could try and drum up some business for you maybe?

theflatboy
    Free Member

i feel for you man, that’s harsh… i would contribute some spares but i don’t really have any at the moment, being garageless. good luck!

Olly
    Free Member

single speed, v brakes, MX comps/rigid

Maintenence = NIL!!
    just get out and ride it like you stole it

im sure you could get something like that off here with donations of everything other than frame and fork?

sorry to hear about your lack of wheels, good luck in your huntings.
    ill see if i can help out with bits if you get round to a STW donations bike….

Soup
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of wheels – 8 speed. Straight and true with cassette, tyres and tubes. Could do with a clean up, but all good. Not sure what spec from memory, but came off a £900 bike a while back. Yours if you want them chap.

ozzybmx
    Free Member

Coming on here and reading about bikes when you dont have one must suck !

I hope you luck picks up and you get back out there soon 😕

Olly
    Free Member

i can provide a pair of Zocchi Bams.
    with new set of seals they would be spot on function wise.
    thye got scratched, ive filled the scratch, but the seals are a bit damaged from the burr.
    they currently work fine, but leak a bit from the one leg…

also been badly painted black by a numpty (me)

and have a minor crack in the bridge (replaceable for 30quid, but not structural i dont think)
    if you got another pair, with a scratch, you could swap parts over and make one good pair and one pair with two scatched legs? (as they are completley dismantleable)

in retrospect, they sound worse than they are, but they do the job

Olly
    Free Member

i may have some tetrko cable disks (caliper and rotors) around somewhere too…

AlasdairMc

I’ve got a pair of Rockshox Judy J3 SLs from an 06 Rockhopper, you can have them if you wish. They need a service/oil change but they bounce when prompted.

andrew
    Free Member
    stonemonkey
    Free Member

i buily my commuter up for £100 quid with old bits and bobs frame and folk cost me 40 notes fun bike just tell evertone its a retrobike. good luck

ton

got a 22” hoss frame sat doing nowt and riser bars and seat.

zaskar
    Free Member

Been injured and needed money to pay debts +see my lady in Sydney while at uni.

Sold Cove Stifee 69er ltd edition, road bike both mint and 4 months old and got 2K that I needed. I did get sex though from my lady. So it was worth it.

It did suck big time looking back. I loved those bikes, loved my lady more.

You can replace a bike when times get better.

Built a SS for nothing but spares-easily done-give it a try.

Hope it gets better for You & everyone else.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else without a bike??’ is closed to new replies.