Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone else watching the US Open Final?
  • spacemonkey

Midway through the third set and looking like a classic. Never seen a tennis ball hit so hard with such accuracy for so long a period. Ever. Bonkers game TBH.

comedyphil
    Free Member

Seconded. I never thought i’d see Nadal out-muscled, or at least not until he was much, much older – some of the rallies are unbelievable to watch, I don’t know how they even reach some of the shots, let alone send them back with venom!

spacemonkey

Agree entirely. I know Djokovic has improved in the last couple of years but the angles/depth/power he’s generating these days is immense. Nadal on the back foot probably more than I’ve seen him. But if anyone can come back from this stage it’s him.

spacemonkey

Shitting chips. 6:5 15:30 That was just the best point ever!

comedyphil
    Free Member

I don’t know how they can play with the crowd making all that noise. ON the flip side, I was shouting at the TV too, so I guess i’m no better! I enjoyed what the commentator said – “How many points was that? Because there were at least three winners hit there”

spacemonkey

Djokovic flagging .. tie-break for Rafa’s taking.

spacemonkey

**** me. This place is gonna explode. And we have our fourth set 🙂

comedyphil
    Free Member

Can’t take any more – already seen enough incredible tennis for at least two GS finals.

I wish the crowd would shut up though – shouting “Come on Federer” as Djokovich was serving to stay in the set is not on. What do they want, better tennis?!

spacemonkey

I know the feeling. This is impossibly good tennis though.

Murray must be watching, thinking “No way can I play at that level.”

yossarian
    Free Member

Murray is decent no doubt but there is a gulf in class between the big three and everyone else. He’ll only win a big tournament through injury to others IMO.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Only a few years ago Djoc was an also-ran, like people keep saying Murray is. So who is to say Murray can’t do the same?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else watching the US Open Final?’ is closed to new replies.