Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anyone cracked an Intense Frame?
  • Gap-Jump-Gaz
    Free Member

Just wondered what length of life an intense frame had. Are they as easy to crack as a Commencal for instance???

AdeC
    Free Member

this post is mucho bad karma for Intense owners.

So no, they never ever crack…….(yet there appear to be loads on ebay with a warranty front end replaced due to cracks!)

hang on….
    <checks Socom frame again for cracks>
    nope, not yet!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

friend went through two (a 5.5 and a 6.6)

made of cheese they are

Onzadog
    Free Member

I cracked two Intense Uzzi SLs many years ago. One at 3 years and one at 8 years. Both in exactly the same spot as well (mechanically, not geographically).

Still, not much help I guess as they were the old 4 bar horst link design.

pinches
    Free Member

a bit like this (onzadog)

kennyNI
    Free Member

5 years use from a 5.5, no cracks. The dent I put in the downtube must have stopped the cracks starting 😉 rode with that for 2 years. Replaced now, Tracer vpp, not that it needed replaced.

lcj

M3 and 5.5 here without cracks.

Mind you, a crack would give me an excuse to get something that didn't need bearings changed every five minutes!

backhander
    Free Member

5.5 absolutely no cracks.

deus

Mate cracked a Socom after a trip to whistler, was only 6months old to, warranty from end, he still likes it

Matt-P
    Free Member

Cracked the chainstay on a new Tracer VP – replaced under warranty but a bit of a wait.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Pinches, no my back ends were fine. It was the knuckle that joins the seat tube to the top tube and holds the linkage plates that went on mine.

martinxyz
    Free Member

had a full on dh intense in for work and had a look around it as it looked like it had quite a bit of use. found about 3 fractures with some other not so sure marks.

it was bought off ebay – the guy should be ashamed. (it looked like tippex was used to cover up the crack on the underside of the headtube/downtube)

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I am so glad you pointed the damage out on that frame pinches. I would never have spotted it 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

I thought the same, as he's only pointing to one side, I didn't realise at first that both sides had gone.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

If you're so worried about frame failure get a Nicolai or a Foes.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Cracked M3, but that bike got properly used & abused.

Girlfriends Socom is holding up just fine after 2 years abuse.

pinches
    Free Member

yeah, its more of an ironic photo than anything, but, its not mine! it snapped the rear end over the braking bumps at cwmcarn of all places.

craig1975
    Free Member

whilst washing my bike this morning, to my astonishment I found a CRACK on my Tracer VP frame – total disaster 😥 lets hope i get it sorted out with the warranty

pinches
    Free Member

How much warranty do you actually get on an intense frame? standard 12 months no extended warranty?

peakmonster
    Free Member

You can see in red tracer piccy where the stress raiser is.
    more rounding off of sharp corners required during manufacture me thinks.

twohats
    Free Member

Intense frames are pretty well known for being a little on the fragile side, just as this thread is proving 😀

pinches
    Free Member

yeah, always been worried with mine, especially being a bit older. the rear ends of the M1/tracer/tazer are really thin and load bearing from the chainstay into the seatstay where they all snap

Onzadog
    Free Member

When mine snapped after 3 years, they were in the middle of switching importers in the Uk so I went direct to the States. They were very helpful (I think it was actually April Lawyer that I delt with) and sorted it out foc. However, when it went again after 8 years total, they offered me a discount on a new one but would only ship with UPS (I think) but they wanted nearly $500 so it didn't work out as any sort of saving! That's when I got my Turner.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anyone cracked an Intense Frame?’ is closed to new replies.