Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone conquer the Brecon Beast today?
  • Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Did the long run.Great day out and fantastic weather.Body will b feelin it tomorrow!
    Thanx Max

taxi25
    Free Member

Did the long one aswell.
    Must be the 7th time I’ve done this event. Enjoyed the new route, not as much road as some years. Only problem, was doing the long route you got fed back into the less experience riders at the back of the short route a couple of times. A little bit frustrating trying to get past the same people over and over.
    They might feel the same, having people coming passed all the time.

dreednya

Also the long route and Totally agree tax125, found it quite frustrating what riders thought should be walked up and down

cooknell
    Free Member

Did the long route. Loved it. Great day out, super weather, fantastic route (as ever), great organisation and marshalling. IMO this is one of the best events in the calendar. Big ride “out there” course and very friendly non-commercial feel.

Gonna have to disagree about the short/long mixing. I think that improves the fell of the event to have riders of all abilities mixing. Makes it less lonely to be fed back into more riders, a bit more comradery and chat. I think that being held up occasionally it is not too high a price to pay.

Huge thanks to everyone involved in the organisation, a great event, hope that they raise plenty of cash for the charities and will keep this brilliant event going.

dreednya

Hi Chris, thought i saw you walking along the road as I rode over to the registration building, was about to shout but nearly ran someone over! Recognised the hair :o)

Second the thanks to everyone involved, loads of encouragement from them all round the route :o)

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi,
    Yeah a thank you to everyone involved.A great event!
    Thanx
    Max

addy6402

Did the long ‘long’ route – it was an enjoyable day, lots of encouragement from the staff and locals which was great.

The mass start did seem to create a long tail back for the first few miles – perhaps it could be staggered in future to split the field up a bit?

All in all, well done folks 🙂

valleydaddy
    Free Member

The mass start did seem to create a long tail back for the first few miles – perhaps it could be staggered in future to split the field up a bit?

Your not wrong we thought we were in the middle at the back of the lay-bye and expected those queuing on the road to follow through into the lay-bye to go over the start line – BUT NO!!!!!

This meant we were right at the back!!! FFS not happy at all.

Then the queue up the first singletrack was ridiculous, in previous times I have done this the route went the other way so plenty of climbs etc on the road to spread the field out!!

rant over!!

Enjoyed the day out though and especially the last cheeky descent where that low tree was – lovely

walla24
    Free Member

was a great day, thank you organisers!

Anyone know when photos etc will be up?

I massively enjoyed the grumpy sods complaining in the queues…enjoy the view 🙄

alfabus
    Free Member

We were out for a ride from Talybont separate from the beast, but had to cross or join the course a few times.

Never seen such a bunch of miserable riders – said a cheery hello to everyone we passed, but only received a reply about 1 in 5 times, and only saw about 3 smiles in total.

Cheer up you lot! and if big long fireroad events don’t make you happy, then go ride something else 😉

Dave

cooknell
    Free Member

Hi Dave
    long time no see! I was wondering if you were going to be beasting – but then of course you would be, it is the beast!

Hope that you had a good day. I’ve not got out to Borth this summer, went to the olympics and then touring in Denmark (excellent).

Hope that you and the family are well. Might catch up at half term.

C

alfabus
    Free Member

Hi Dave
    long time no see!

erm… <looks over shoulder confused>, you talking to me?? Think you might have me confused with someone else.

<wonders if he is going to be that bloke who waves back when the hot girl waves to her friend>

Dave

dreednya

Nope, Chris is talking to me LOL. Send us a text if you do come up. Had a good day though suffered a bit with chain suck and an off a third of the way down the gap descent, landed on the edge of a sandstone block that sent the front wheel sideways and me over the bars 🙁

Had a sit down for ten minutes and then rode on to the finish. Stupid really as I had ridden the difficult section at the top and was starting to relax. I still had a quicker ride time than last year 🙂

cooknell
    Free Member

Bad luck mate – get better soon!

Maybe you’ll have recovered by the time I make it to Borth!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone conquer the Brecon Beast today?’ is closed to new replies.