Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone been to Pakistan?
  • RustySpanner

Always fancied a trip, but with the current situation and F.O advice, it looks like we’re not going any time soon 😐

Would still like to have a pop, but even people who have family and friends over there are having second thoughts about travel at the mo.

Anyone got any tales or photos of travel in kinder times?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

There’s quite a few lads on G wing who’ve been. Theyv’e got family there though, looks nice on the photo’s I’ve seen & I reckon If you knew someone out there it’d be a big advantage.

RustySpanner

Do you think they could recommend a nice route for a bike tour? 😀

tonyplym
    Free Member

Might be worth having a look at this tour – this company have lots of experience running tours in the region, and good local contacts.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ll ask but I think most of them are more into, err…mind altering substances & their inherent profit margins. 😯

brack
    Free Member

In a previous life explored lots of Northern Pakistan – Kashmir.

Off radar and Via the Khyber Pass…but not on a bike unfortunately.

Stunning stunning part of the world.

Joe

I love Pakistan and have been a few times. Its the best country i’ve visited by far.

At the moment you just won’t get a visa; since Osama bin Laden they have got real cagey about foreigners wondering around.

The north is perfectly safe, especially the Kashmiri side. Message me if you have any questions.

simon_g

Only to the border at Wagah. I’d love to make it over there one day though.

Harry_the_Spider

I went with work about 10 years ago, based out of Lahore.

Absolutely fantastic place.

onehundredthidiot

Guy at work got back yesterday, seems fine around Lahore (5 hours away is “around”).

As an aside I know a guy that spent a month in Afganistan two years ago. Crossing over from the “Russian” side. Sounds like the trip of a life time.

stgeorge

Had a tooth pulled in Karachi about 30 years ago, excellent dentist, enlightening bus trip to dentist from docks, bought some onyx, thats about all I can remember.

xiphon
    Free Member

I’ve been to Bradford, does that count?

yunki
    Free Member

Whenever I’ve dreamt of world travel ever since I was a kid I always wanted to visit the Hindu Kush.. It just always looked so wild and remote..

I fear that I have left it too late though because as each year passes I feel less adventurous and the region seems more hostile..

🙁

Mowgli
    Free Member

I went in 2009. Was a stunning place, but I think we timed our trip very well. A few weeks later and it got quite unpleasant in some areas. We drove from Wagah up the KKH via Gilgit, Skardu, through Abbottabad(!), Passu to Kashgar.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Pakistan?’ is closed to new replies.