Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Anyone been 'let off' while speeding recently?
  • mountaincarrot
    Free Member

I got tailed for several miles last summer, ending up in Marlborough.

Naturally I was watching the speedo like a hawk, hardly ever looking at the road in fact.. Then he has the cheek to pull me over and say "I think you were doing 31 MPH there.." WTF, haven't they got better things to do?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I know someone who was chased/video'd by an undercover car for several miles at 140+ (averaged around 125) and tried to use the excuse that he thought it was someone who had a grudge against him. Didn't work. 6months ban and fairly heavy fine. Sold the car and used the ban time to find a faster one lol.

walla24
    Free Member

@ nonsense–got let off the points as it was his first offence? (might have just said that to try to save face mind)

showerman
    Free Member

43 in a 30 turned out i had been called out to fix his shower 2 yrs earlier as an extra call, as his wife was leaving hospital after a real bad birth of their first child and could not use the bath, sometimes good deeds are returned.

odannyboy
    Free Member

its all such a joke.two yaers ago i got a ticket from a mobile camera whilst doing 75mph on a deserted motorway (totally deserted)on a sunny day in a brand new van (abs etc)
    two weeks later a woman speed cop pulls me on the busy m4.it was late on a dark friday night and i was rushing to get to our b+b.car was fully loaded, all kids, suitcases inside etc etc (stupid, i know).she said id been doing an average of 90mph for the last 5-10 miles. i was really apologetic and she let me off.
    which of those two senarios warranted being prosecuted and which one, being let off??
    bloody ridiculous.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I was doing 90mph on a deserted dual carriageway (A11) and a police motorbike pulled alongside and the policeman officer made a 'slow down' gesture with his left hand and then carried on.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I was doing 90mph on a deserted dual carriageway (A11) and a police motorbike pulled alongside and the policeman officer made a 'slow down' gesture with his left hand and then carried on.

Are you sure he wasn't inviting you to basketball?

zaskar
    Free Member

I take it you guys are not black otherwise a Police van would have showed up to take you away 😉

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Not speeding but driving in a bus lane a few years ago on Salford Crescent. Tried to nip down the bus lane to take the filter lane for when I wanted to turn left and there was a copper hiding behind a lamp-post. Asked me "why do you think i've stopped you?", I said "for driving in the bus lane". I was honest! He said as i'd admitted he'd have to give me a fixed penalty! Should have acted dumb!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been 'let off' while speeding recently?’ is closed to new replies.