Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • anyone applied for a passport lately??
  • 5lab

if so, how long did it take? Royal mail have managed to loose mine (despite posting by special delivery), and I’m going on holiday on the 30th. To make things more difficult, I need a visa, which has a 4 working day lead time 🙁

mrhoops
    Free Member

My sons 1st passport took 2 days shrot of 3 weeks. Used the post office checking service to speed things up too. That was at the start of aug this yr. So peak time.

Hope you get it sorted

Stoner
    Free Member

you’re going to need to go to london or passport office by appointment for a short turnaround. Its expensive too.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Stoner +1 – says on the website somwhere that if you are less than “X” weeks (think it was 3) from needing it you need to look at the fast-track/in person options…..

5lab

yeah its 3 weeks, thought it might be a worst case scenario, but sounds like thats the regular case 🙁

massively pissed off. Its going to cost me £220 for a new passport + visa, plus a day off work. I’ll have to instigate that tomorrow, to get it in time for leaving. However, if my passport turns up in a weeks time, all the compensation I can claim is £5 postage fee.

t*sspots.

dyna-ti

Doesnt matter how good your picture is,they always insist on you retaking it using their machine.Which strangely enough is double the price of photobooths anywhere else 😕

5lab

so, it now turns out you have to wait a week for a new passport – the same day service isn’t available if you’ve had a passport stolen. Which is really really retarded.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘anyone applied for a passport lately??’ is closed to new replies.