• This topic has 74 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Soup.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Anybody here skint too?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

I'm working like mad, not buying anything, not upgrading/changing bike bits despite staff discounts, nowt. It gets me down big time. Anybody suffering similar? Cheer me up somehow, please!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

It could be worse – you could have the tories in power and then you would have even less.

oh wait!…..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Anybody suffering similar? Cheer me up somehow, please!

No I'm fine.

Hope that cheered you up.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Not quite, but if the shortlisted interview doesn't get me the job, not only will I be skint but I'll also be without a home and everything that used to be in it… 😐

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

My mrs took my 2 year old son and ran off with my boss. I lost her, my kid, my job and my home. Feeling better yet? 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

dont buy a lottery ticket skoolshoes.

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

Hehe. Maybe I should? Luck's got to change sometime!

Stoner
    Free Member

maybe you're right. What's the worst that could happen…?

oh, right, already did! 😳

Chin up, take control, win from now on!

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Currently v.peed off because a client owes me a few grand for work that I've done for them. There's no problem with the quality of the work or anything, but I've recently found out they're pi$$ing other sub-contractors about (using 'the recession' as a lame excuse to delay paying everyone) 😈

…the main downside of self-employment

Apologies for rant – you'd never guess I was peed!

p.s. hope yer luck changes!

Pyro

Yep, haemorrhaging money just getting TO work with the fuel prices. Sold a load of stuff at a car boot sale just to sort myself out 'til the end of the month. Sod's sake….

shooterman

Yup. In a very insecure job so not spending anything just in case. Earning £16k more than I was two years ago but can't seem to hold on to any of it!

DT78
    Free Member

Wedding in 4 months. No rich relatives. Nuff said

Years of being (heavily) overdrawn every month – £40k+ salary and all the perks, but lazy budgeting and overspending points the blame squarely at us for that one.

Redundancy happened and now I'm mad busy working for myself and the finances are sorting themselves out with a healthy increase in income.

Co-incidentally the wife also has her own business which is starting to do really niceley too.

colnagokid

I found twenty quid today! 😀

lyons
    Free Member

Well, I'm probably going bankrupt shortly… I'm dead broke…

the-muffin-man

I was when I went Bankrupt 14 months ago! (When we had to close our company) – now in a much better place, new job and the first time in years I have a bit of disposable income. I've just bought my first new bike (only a cheapy mind!) in over 2 1/2 years.

Tiger6791

sturmey
    Free Member

Cleaned the pump on the waching machine yesterday but only found 21p and a paperclip 😥 Never had any real expendable income and i'm 39 it's just a way of life get used to it and enjoy.

lister

yep, everything is getting more expensive and I have this strange feeling that I'm going to get less money this month due to the NI rise.
    It's all a bit shit really.
    It's going to get to the point in the near-to-mid future where our (me and mrslister) conscious decision to have 'fun' badly paid jobs and a good lifestyle may have to be reconsidered. Might have to look for better paid jobs that don't involve so much beach time…

KT1973
    Free Member

Skoolshoes – Member
    My mrs took my 2 year old son and ran off with my boss. I lost her, my kid, my job and my home. Feeling better yet?

!!! Mutherfukker!!! 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

everything is getting more expensive

Was there ever a time when things weren't getting more expensive ?

In the last year inflation has been at it's lowest since 1960. So everything is getting more expensive at the slowest rate for 50 years then.

Sadly fuel bears no relation to inflation. I've put two grands worth of fuel in my pick-up in just over 3 months.

PePPeR

I can't believe this

In the last year inflation has been at it's lowest since 1960. So everything is getting more expensive at the slowest rate for 50 years then.

It probably is right but things seem to be going through the roof to me.

Fuels the main factor as it is for a lot of people and the cost of that has been going through the roof.

ziggy
    Free Member

The average inflation rate maybe very low but that's very different to individual item and personal inflation rates. Essentials in life such as fuel, food and services and taxes are increasing more than luxury item or non essential consumer goods so it has more of an effect on your disposable income.

samuri
    Free Member

If it helps, I was feeling pretty skint before I read this thread. I realise I'm fairly lucky now. 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Essentials in life such as fuel, food and services and taxes are increasing more than luxury item or non essential consumer goods

UK food inflation falls to three-year low

souldrummer
    Free Member

No as bad as others on here but I seem to be spending an unending amount on the house. Every time I think I've come to the end there's another problem that needs fixing and I am running out of money. Job is dire and doesn't pay well, but at least I have one; although depending on who gets in it's either no pay rise for years or possibly no job!! Joy!!

Karinofnine

I had this chat with work when they didn't give us a rise last year, they said, because the RPI had fallen. I checked what the RPI was made up of and found that the things in the "shopping basket" that had fallen in price and contributed to the drop in RPI were (inter alia): hotel accommodation, flights or sailings to holidays, house prices – ie, luxury goods.

Politicans can dress it up any way they like, but the cold hard fact is that I am now working more hours than I ever have yet have less money to spend. As for narrowing the gap between rich and poor, dream on!

MrNutt
    Free Member

money appears to simply be channeled though me directly to all and sundry!

ton

i dont like questions about money.
    if you say you are loaded people call you nasty names and stuff.

samuri
    Free Member

rich bastard

ton

i forgot to add, i too am skint.
    paying for a freeloading son, his baby and the babies mother to live with me. and just paid their bond for a flat.

I have no problem talking about money – and that doesn't extend to bragging about what I've got, I find it fine discussing how unbelieveably broke I may be too.

I don't know quite why talking about money has to be vulgar, although it quite easily can be – that's got more to do with the person than the subject though. Salaries and the like for some reason seem to be a taboo subject.

Mind you, I don't have a problem talking about many subjects and find people far too uptight about things sometimes. I even know couples who don't discuss sex – and I mean between themselves, behind closed doors.

BillMC

http://www.equalitytrust.org.uk/resources/slides

check these out on the consequences of increasing inequality

satsoma
    Free Member

I've had to take two days off work this week, because I can't afford the petrol to drive to work and back.

Saying that, I might not have money, but I'm still pretty happy. At least I'm healthy and I've got a roof over my head!

tinsy
    Free Member

Everything is going great, but money is tight, we got a great house, plenty of toys, and I am actually enjoying doing stuff to a budget and getting the right result for not a lot… (my wife isnt quite as keen though) 🙂

Found some absolutely stonking French wines in Aldi at the weekend.

Spend a little live a lot, could be my motto let alone theirs!!!

binners

My business went under at the back end of last year, due to a few clients going bump (but not really) owing me tens of thousands. Now I'm effectively saddled with their debts. Cheers for that. Personal bankruptcy is a question of when not if.

So…I'm now unemployed. Picking up the odd days freelance. As I'm still officially listed as a company director (despite having no income) I'm not entitled to a penny in benefits. Hurrah for the welfare state!

My marriage ended last year and I've signed everything (house and car etc) over to her so that the kids are ok when I go bump. So I now own absolutely nothing. Except…. EXCEPT…. my lovely intense 5.5. Which is getting loads of hammer at the moment, now that I've got a lot of time on my hands 🙂

Could be worse….

the-muffin-man

Personal bankruptcy is a question of when not if.

If this is looking certain and you want any advice on bankruptcy then ask here…

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=136

…there are loads of really knowledgeable people on there. It helped me no-end.

Harry_the_Spider

I had to search under my car seat to find enough change for the lottery. I did find a mint ball though.

binners

Cheers MM. I'll have a look on that

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Anybody here skint too?’ is closed to new replies.