Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Anybody had Twins?
  • meka
    Free Member

Hmm, surely if they are old enough to do that then they are old enough to be trained not to go down stairs?

We live on a farm and doesn't matter how well trained they are, big sharp pointy things driven by students tend to mean stair-gates are a good idea (stair-gates also work as back door gates).

They first worked out how to do it when they were much younger, (there being two of them), hence my posting on the difference between twins and singletons. Whilst I am sure siblings of differing ages could also get over a gate, they probably couldn't do this until after the eldest one was trained not to.

molgrips
    Free Member

You have sharp pointy things driving around your house 😮 😉

akira

Twin boys, 16 months.
    Can be hard work but depends on the twins.
    Best advice is buy some bouncy chairs, one can be attached in while you change nappies etc.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

LOL – love the teeshirts.
    😆

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

In practical terms there are things to think about too in the early months to ease the situation: eg bulk buy loads of stuff. Look for the cheapest 3 for 2 deals on nappies and buy in bulk, have loads of sterlized bottles at the ready in the fridge (unless you manage to extablish breast feeding which will be hard). Cook in bulk 2 or 3 times a week to save time.

molgrips
    Free Member

Breast feeding is definitely doable with twins, don't let it put you off.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Doable, but as stated above, hard.

My wife managed till 3 months with Izzi (expressed after that), 6 months with Evie.

But if she can't do it, she should NEVER be made to feel a failure. It isn't a mark of good parenting.

molgrips
    Free Member

It isn't a mark of good parenting.

Not a mark of good anything, is it?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

?

Just pointing out that if she can't manage it, it shouldn't be something to be hung up about – unfortunately she is likely to encounter lots of pressure from midwives/health visitors etc to do it successfully and be made to feel a failure if she can't.

molgrips
    Free Member

BF campaigners are trying to stop people making such a big deal about it now actually – they just want it to be considered normal not some special thing you have to do.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

BF campaigners are trying to stop people making such a big deal about it now actually – they just want it to be considered normal not some special thing you have to do.

About time really – and to be fair my wife didn't encounter much pressure last year (perhaps because they factored in the twins), but some friends we made at the ante-natal classes were pressured. Then there are the guilt-posters in every clinic.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

It was never made a big deal of to us, my wife did a bit now and then and we used 50:50 Formula and Breast for as long as it was, whats the term, avaliable?

higgo
    Free Member

Twins? Easy 😉
    Our triplets will be 7 in August.

There's not much I can add to some of the good advice above.

Duke
    Free Member

Boy and girl 4 weeks old Friday, born 36 weeks.

HERE

Had to go back in for a bit of fluid and to put her under the lights (jaundice) for a couple of nights, personally I think she has a sundbed fetish. 🙂

We have an Easy Walker Duo (ebay purchase), 73cm wide so the same as a wheelchair. Also got the mounts so the Maxi-Cosi car seats clip into it as they are too small for the normal pushchair seats even though they do go flat.

Still on a bit of breast and then topping up with formula. Does mean I have no excuse not to get up and feed in the middle of the night. Ditto on the pressure thing from midwives etc about boobs, even more so from the NCT class we went to, never made it to the second as they arrived. Only difference I can see is that the electricity consumption has gone up from the kettle and steriliser.

Currently looking at the possibility of a Kona UTE for future transport duties.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I have twins aged 14 boy and a girl. fav question when they were born was 'are they identical?' No dickhead one is a boy and one is a girl!! Don't get a side by side buggy! Sleep deprivation is no worse than with one as one up all up. Mine were premature but are fine so you won't have any worries there either hopefully

MrOvershoot

Higgo – Member

Twins? Easy
    Our triplets will be 7 in August.

There's not much I can add to some of the good advice above.
    Waited for you to arrive at the thread 😉

What was your quote to Mark before the arrival of the twins?

I can't tell you much about looking after them but I can tell you how to sneak out while all is kicking off. 😉

BTW this is not true of Hig's as he's a proper dad 😀

olddonald

I was in the middle of a crisis management module – part of my MBA when I was told we were having twins – and **** all use that was.

Ask for help – its hard work – especially when they don't sleep and have a scream that wakes the dead.

first two years was tough – after that fabulous – and we also have a very laid back older girl who has always been so.

Enjoy the ride

UncleFred
    Free Member

Cheers guys, thanks for all the replies. I can't wait. No even started thinking about buggies,trailers, nappies or anything yet. Everything is still sinking in!!

ninkynonk
    Free Member

got twin girls aged 2 years

deffo join TAMBA (twins and multiple births assoc)

you get loads of info and discount at certain shops, it only costs £30 per year and i think we saved £50 on our buggy (Babby Jogger) so we were £20 "up already" !

make sure you ask about multiple birth specific ante natal classes, ones aimed at singletons as not much use in my opinion.

don't be too proud/afraid to ask for help, we tried to do too much ourself and in hindsight it caused us a few problems further down the line

14 nappy changes a day at first sounds a lot but you'll soon get used to it !!!!!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Lol – just noticed the username above. Clearly too much children's tv for you. I'm more of a Pontipines man myself 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Anybody had Twins?’ is closed to new replies.