Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anybody else brave the chase today ?
  • Rosss
    Free Member

Started at my usual spot of marquis drive and with in two minutes was 9 inches deep in Thick sludge. By far the worst state ive seen the chase in for a long while. Gave up half way round a climbed back up a track and the road. The highlight of my day was seeing a tasty cube stereo ! Haha. Anybody have a good ride ?

johnnywhitesox
    Free Member

Yep. Headed over to Brocton this morning – mud free over there!

We did the chase – Cranborne Chase
    Good turnout today at Minchington Cross.
    Nine riders with nine clean bikes – but not for long tee hee.

We started off trying to catch up with a lone female MTBer but she was too quick for us 😆
    So we headed for Chase Woods and ended up on the Ox Drove for a short while.

Winkelbury. Lovely long downhill, look at the speed 😀

Muddy but rideable. Maximum concentration.

From Berwick St John it was tarmac to the A30 then across on a track to Donhead St Andrew. Another great DH but a nasty climb past the phone mast to Ludwell.

Flat stuff to Cann Common and the climb up Zig Zag Hill.

Bridleway leads off half way up Zig Zag. Still a stiff climb up to Win Green.

So that’s where Madge lived before the divorce.

Getting ready for that long downhill to Tollard Royal. It was superb today, dry and fast.

22 miles in 3.25 hours. Can’t believe we didn’t have a single puncture all morning 😕

takisawa2

Not today but thought it would be good to start pre-dawn yesterday, & catch the first new-year day break on the Chase. It was just starting to get light when out of the gloom I came across an old man carrying two bags of shopping…in the middle of the Chase!!! Very odd.
    For a moment I imagined each bag contained a human head.
    So I moved swiftly on & picked up the mess that was the last run of the FtD from the camp-site. Bad idea. Gave up after grabbing the pic & stuck to the fire-roads. Hope it doesn’t take too long to repair itself.

FtD Mudbath 01-01-10 by pten2106, on Flickr

tazzymtb

@ johnnywhitesox: dear lord brummie/black country (and American for jase) single speeders are fashion challenged attention whores, but that is a lovely pose that keef has:D

johnnywhitesox
    Free Member

LOL. Anyway, after over 3 hours of riding Cannock Chase singletrack the Singlespeeding Attention Whores arrived back at the Cafe with hardly a speck of mud on them.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Did the Chase yesterday with a ‘dads and lads’ type ride.
    Twas a gloop fest and was not nice riding.

Plus the amount of ar5eholes on the FtD trying to barge past the kids.

If you don’t like ‘your’ trail being busy. Don’t go on a Sunday morning.

Some parts need closing, otherwise they will be wrecked soon.

BigJohn

Had a nice few hours yesterday morning. As long as you avoid FtD (which any sane person should do anyway in these conditions because CAN’T YOU SEE YOU’RE DESTROYING IT YOU IDIOT?) and a few other squidgy bits then it’s fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else brave the chase today ?’ is closed to new replies.