• This topic has 14 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Any transformer pirme users??? A few questions..
  • DrP

Loking into getting one of these to replace my nearly dead netbook.
    I wondered what your experience of using it for more ‘computer’ based activities has been?
    Any good Office apps (willing to pay – compared to the price of Office 7 it has to be worth it!) that have full office functionability?

Also, have you managed to photo/video edit at all?

I’ve had a google hunt, but lots of ‘complaints’ about lack of proper ‘computing’ stuff originate from threads from early 2011…

cheers,

DrP

mst
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’ve got one, but I don’t use it for that kind of thing.

DrP

Just web surfing/email/video and the like?

DrP

Alex

I have the original transformer and use it for work stuff when I’m travelling (and don’t want to haul my macbook all over London). It’s fine for email and some basic office stuff (I user Polaris office which is about 95% compatible with Office 2010, does some odd things to PPTs)

The trackpad drives me nuts so I have a bluetooth mouse. It’s a bit odd sometimes touching the screen and having a kbd (and the screen makes it a bit top heavy) but it’s way better than a smartphone and a shed load lighter/smaller than my Mac

Best thing is in the Hotel I just watch movies etc and it’s brilliant for that.

Not dome much photo editing. It’ll talk happily to my camera (having USB is good) but not installed anything to do proper PS like stuff.

Alex

Oh and I use “touchdown for tablets” which is $20 but a brilliant email client if you don’t like the stock one. Firefox runs fine (no flash of course) and use tapatalk for most forums (not this one tho!)

Flaperon

Just bide your time for 3 months and decide between the new Galaxy Tab 11.6 or the high res Transformer Prime. Or an iPad 3. Not a good time to buy a new tablet at the moment.

mst
    Free Member

The kids mainly use it for games and I’ve ripped some DVD’s on there for them. I use it for surfing, seems fine for that. The keyboard is great, turns it into a netbook sized device.

Junkyard
    Free Member

This is not the transformers i was expecting ….spends too much time with his kids toys 😳

DrP

Just bide your time for 3 months and decide between the new Galaxy Tab 11.6 or the high res Transformer Prime. Or an iPad 3. Not a good time to buy a new tablet at the moment.

And then wait another 3 months for the next one etc etc….

I’ve done this too many times with electronics! I accept the next best thing is just around the corner, but as they say, “tomorow never comes”!

The other questino is… Would you now buy a cheaper ipad2 (for the wifey..) or stump up the original £399 i would ahve spent, on an ipad3…?!

DrP

mst
    Free Member

Where are you DrP ?

GrahamS

I accept the next best thing is just around the corner, but as they say, “tomorow never comes”!

The new iPad is available in stores next week, so maybe not too long to wait.

DrP

Here….[waves]

(Worthing, W.Sussex – work in Pompey)

DrP

mactheknife

Got a transformer and it is an ace bit of kit for general surfing the net, watching films and box sets ive downloaded.

I would not even dream of using it as a replacement for a laptop to do work on. I really dont think it was designed with this in mind, it can do excel etc ok but not well.
    Portability is the main selling point in my mind for a tablet.

mst
    Free Member

Your close, but not close enough DrP. I’m in gloucestershire

DrP

I don’t do a great deal of ‘hardcore’ work on a PC TBH – the odd powerpoint, simple word processing, keeping a money flow sheet in exel. Thinking about it – the main use would be web/media/fun, with work needs as an afterthough!!

Hmm, might have to have a play on one (I know it will be fun, just want to have a look at the office side of things!)

DrP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Any transformer pirme users??? A few questions..’ is closed to new replies.