Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • any tdci gurus out there
  • verticalclimber
    Free Member

2011 focus 1.6 tdci. 115 bhp version. has slight sort of misfire but not misfire only between 1700 and 2200 ish revs. feels bit like when an older car with traditional spark plugs has a lead breakdown under load. could even be dscribed as a wobble.
    only ever use optimax and every 6 months put forte cleaner through so pretty sure not clogged injectors.

had almost same thing with a 1.4 tdci fiesta which never found problem. any ideas?

PePPeR

We’ve got a 2.2 tdci which does this too, I wonder whether they need a fuel injection software update?

verticalclimber
    Free Member

have checked online on ford site and my chassis number not got any updates to do. has had some prior to me ownng

craigxxl
    Free Member

Sounds like your EGR valve that needs cleaning/replacing.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

did wonder that but garage has said prob wouldnot show symptons lke that.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Try the fuel filter

torsoinalake
    Free Member

On my very much older Focus, it was the accelerator pedal unit that caused this. Dead spot halfway through the rev range that caused hesitation under load, or a slight ‘misfire’ feeling at part throttle. Second hand unit off eBay sorted it.

Did the garage not read the ECU codes?

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I “think” but not sure that’s the Peugeot/citroen dv6 engine.
    If so its not a common issue but won’t be difficult to find with a decent diagnostic tool.
    Softwear is unlikely unless it’s been happening since you have had the car,
    Places I would def look are particle filter load % , air flow reading, fuel flow readings and EGR faults.
    Even if minor or temporary it would 100% store all of these faults the trouble is cheap not dealer tools may not be able to access the file.
    Because all the above affect the emissions it should really bring the EML light on.
    Unless is normal turbo leg?

verticalclimber
    Free Member

been changed in last 10000 miles or poss less

Northwind

I don’t know how well it works on your model but the F Super software has been fantastic for mine- reads and clears all codes, recodes injectors, live feed from all the sensors, very handy.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

did wonder about accelerator pedal. no codes come up didnt on fiesta either. it really is very slight most of time but annoying. only normally feel it in 2nd and 3rd gears to any extent.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Could also be sticky turbo vanes. Various fluids/foams you can spray into the inlet side of the turbo which will give a short term fix but if it is the turbo vanes then the turbo will need a strip and clean.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

do blades change angle on fords? like i beleive they do on VW

verticalclimber
    Free Member

only done 28000 miles last 10 with me

craigxxl
    Free Member

Yes they are variable

peteandsoo
    Free Member

i had this on my renault espace 1.9 turbo.No fault codes showed, but I suspected the egr. cheapest way to check is buy an egr blanking plate (around £4 on ebay). Its a simple fit, if the problem goes away leave it on, if it doesn’t then it was something else and you can leave it on anyway. In my experience the engines run better without the egr.

jonnym92

I had a Fiesta with the same engine. I know you’ve mentioned it but google injector seals. Big, big problem that causes a lot of others. Check it out.
    I treated mine well and still ended up leaking.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

If it is the dv6 is not a veri blade turbo and yes the world would be a better place without EGR but blocking EGR with be detected and Ecu will light the EML on the dash and put the engine into low power mode, it’s only possible with a re map software delete.
    It’s unlikely to be throttle pedal because they run a fail safe twin track system to watch for any inconsistencies in the potentiometer readings back to the Ecu
    Blocking EGR was only possible on euro 2/3.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

have defo heard about injector seals on fiesta. the peugeot ones are meant to be better for same engine.

defo know i cant blank off egr and cant clean either. will prob get it changed as keeping car for forseeable future

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Check the flow rates on your injectors. I had a similar issue on my Berlingo (2.0HDi) and in the end we concluded that injector 4 was not closing properly and always allowing fuel through. The issue manifested itself most at very light throttle on th cusp of over-run.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I would add, I went through a new EGR and replacement Throttle Position Sensor and a new MAF sensor AND A NEW TURBO (!) over the many months of trying to cure the problem.

mc
    Free Member

I could blindly add to the endless suggestions, but I’ll start with the basic question of, when is the problem most apparent?
    I.e Overrun, full throttle, part throttle, cruising

Also, does engine temperature or run time make any difference?

verticalclimber
    Free Member

generally not as noticeable when warmng up, does most on half or full.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

half or full throttle! i meant to say

TheDTs
    Free Member

My money is on the turbo vanes also. Just had mine replaced under warranty on a 20k 2.2 tdci ranger. Had to wait 5 weeks for the software for it after the new turbo was fitted.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

hmmmm sounds pricey

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘any tdci gurus out there’ is closed to new replies.