Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • any s-max owners? thule info related…
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

anyone on here got an s-max and can give me some info about thule feet compatibility? we’ve got the aero bars already and are getting a new s-max on friday. i need to get the fittings that will go on the s-max roof as we need to hopefully use it over the weekend.

can anyone shed any light on which fittings are the ones to go for?

K

Thule website should tell you all you need to know.

GTDave
    Free Member

Regular roof or Panoramic?

theflatboy
    Free Member

regular. i’ve found the ones that seem to fit s-max with fixed mounting points. do all s-maxes have fixed points as standard (if you happen to know!)?

midlifecrashes

Yes, all S-max have the same mount, pre or post facelift. Different setup for glass roof option, but that hasn’t changed either. I need to get a set too before Feb.

theflatboy
    Free Member

that is really helpful, i appreciate it. now i can go ahead and get them. so you know, MLC, the parts you need are a low foot kit: 753, and the S-Max specific mounting kit: 3030.

🙂

midlifecrashes

Nice one, ta.

GTDave
    Free Member

And remember that the panoramic roof models have a lower load limit.
    There’s a few threads over on the S-Max owners club regarding roof bars & cracked roofs.

lodious
    Free Member

Smax owners club has loads of info about this. From memory, I thought the Thule ones are the ones that grab the sides of the roof, not using the fixpoints?

I bought the ford ones which use the fixpoints…not the easiest things to fit. A tip, use a 5p to turn the plastic retaining screw on the fixpoint covers…don’t use a screwdriver, the plastic is very, very soft.

snakebite
    Free Member

753 footpack, screws into the mounts. Panoramic roof here and have had 4 bikes on the roof to S O France no issues and more recently a big roof box plus bike with no cracks as yet….

imp999
    Free Member

I have a set of Genuine Ford Galaxy roof bars to sell and they might fit the S-Max too.
    They are the 2007-2010 ones that fit to the roof not to bars.

Email in profile.

theflatboy
    Free Member

great info, snakebite – that’s the sort of “in-the-field” (literally, in your case) real-life info i was after! i’ve ordered some at a decent price so all sorted.

theflatboy
    Free Member

ok, s-max now in our lives and thule bits on the go. well, almost. got all the bits i needed and ready to go, only to discover that the bars that fitted the focus aren’t wide enough for the s-max. obvious when you think about it, but i had forgotten to.

on another note, got the correct bars from halfords earlier on and while i did get a bargain £10 off as they price-match the web, when i opened the box one was missing. took them back to swap them and the guy said, “oh yeah, bars often get taken out of the boxes and left lying around”. i didn’t bother suggesting that maybe they should be checked when they’re sold, on that basis!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘any s-max owners? thule info related…’ is closed to new replies.