Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Any recommendations for an electric razor for junior
  • pebblebeach
    Free Member

My 15 year old son is it the stage where he’s having to shame some facial hair every now and then. He’s using a mach 3 razor at the moment but doesn’t really like a wet shave, so I’m thinking about buying him an electric razor.

Any recommendations up to £100? Thanks.

scotroutes

Braun rechargeables have always served me well.

dannybgoode

Agree – Braun Series 3 will be all the razor he needs for now…

Cheers

Danny B

fasthaggis

Got one of these as we had some club card vouchers.

Just remember to explain that it does need cleaned more than once a year 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Veet.

Or a hunting knife.

thejesmonddingo

You use Veet Flashy?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just get a cat. Or open the car window on the way to school.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Only on the BSC.

z1ppy
    john_drummer
    Free Member

best electric shaver I ever had was a Hitachi. when the foil eventually split I couldn’t get a replacement so that was the end of that.

I now do wet shave with a 4 blade thing

johnellison
    Free Member

TBH the sooner he gets used to wet shaving the better, it’ll toughen his skin up. Get him a really good wet razor, some decent gel and a moisturiser to use afterwards. I used to hate wet shaving but it was because I was using disposable razors which took the top layer of skin off too. Something by Gilette or Wilkinson Sword should to the trick.

If you live near the sea, as soon as he turns 16 make him run down to the beach every morning and shave in sea water, like the marines do!

brakes
    Free Member

TBH the sooner he gets used to wet shaving the better, it’ll toughen his skin up.

tripe. why would anyone want ‘tough’ skin?
    I’ve been using an electric shaver since I was 13 (22 years). I’ve got stubble like Desperate Dan on testosterone supplements (infact I’ve got a beard at the moment which would make Grizzly Adams feel like a Pampers baby). Wet shaving when you’re that age is a pain in the arse.
    Braun would be my recommendation – one of the cheaper rechargeable dual ones.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Wet shaving when you’re that age is a pain in the arse.

Depends where you are shaving I suppose

fasthaggis

z1ppy

Flash wrote two of those reviews 😉

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Get him a really good wet razor, some decent gel and a moisturiser to use afterwards

As I said in my my OP i have got him a good quality razor. But he doesn’t like it so I’ll be getting him an electric razor. Why would he want tough skin on his face?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Wilkinson Sword Protector FTW.

Or

– leaves stubble, no burn takes 2 minutes. £15 ish

NJA

I have one of these –

http://www.boots.com/en/Philips-HS8440-Nivea-For-Men-Electric-Shaver_951369/

It is great and has recently been appropriated by my 16 year old son as it’s easy to use and doesn’t burn his skin. Back to wet shaves for me though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

IME electric razors all leave my skin with the texture of 200grit!

As I said in my my OP i have got him a good quality razor.

[quote]He’s using a mach 3 razor at the moment [/quote]
    Does not compute 😛

+1 for a decent razor, not a modern multiblade rubbish, an old skool safety razor. Merkur progress etc if buying new, old gillette off ebay if you want something that he’ll pass onto his grandkids. They don’t clog with hair even at beard lengths, so no need to shave every day which means far less irritation.

Some good quality shaving soap, a badger hair brush and teach him how to do it properly.

With skill/care it can be used on dangleberries too, just don’t try and do legs with it, ankles and knees bleed for weeks!

bigyinn
    Free Member

I you love your son, get him a decent wet shave.
    Use shaving gel, rinse then moisturise and it’ll be fine.
    I started to shave using a decent Braun twin head / foil thing and it was bloody awful. Used a number of other leccy razors and ALL of them left my skin feeling like i’d been subjected to death by a thousand cuts, rubbed in 120 grit sandpaper then had rock salt rubbed in the wounds.

bigyinn
    Free Member

With skill/care it can be used on dangleberries too

😯 😯 😯 😯 😯

pebblebeach
    Free Member

+1 for a decent razor, not a modern multiblade rubbish, an old skool safety razor

Apart from cost I can’t see any reason to get him a niche shaving product. Modern blades give a very good shave so I can see no reason to go down that route.

TiRed

Cheapest battery Philips was our choice for my teen. With occasional wet shave from triple bladed Gillette. I had a Braun when I was that age but my skin was always too sensitive to electric shavers. Remington beard trimmer on a 3 now, twice a week.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Any recommendations for an electric razor for junior’ is closed to new replies.