Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any RAF types here? What's it like?
  • jj55

17 year old son seriously looking at his options, one consideration is to join the RAF as a PTI? What’s the chances of him getting in? and what’s it like in the RAF these days?

Scamper
    Free Member

Does he like champagne? 🙂

Not sure how the cutbacks are affecting recruitment, but guess they will encourage as many applicants as possible but be more choosy. I know of one lad who failed (i think fitness) but has been welcomed by the Army.

Not sure if its the same throughout the RAF but my Wife had to do 6 years of a 9 year contract with pay bounty after 8 years to do the 9. Doubt she will be offered more than 9 years though.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Recruitment is pretty dry at the ‘mo. I don’t think mirror techs (PTIs) are recruiting. I am in and when I last spoke to my mate who works in the AFCO, he said it’s a bit bleak at the ‘mo. If he does want to join he needs to make sure he is “the best”, as they have the pick of the bunch in this current climate.
    Your best bet is to trot on over to e-goat the RAF’s unoffical forums 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    soobalias
    Free Member

chances, as a PTI, slim to none

in the current climate he will be up against guys that have done everything right for years to get a chance
    school, exams, work experience, volunteering, CCF, networking, ultra-fit etc

that said, arrange a chat at the local AFCO to see what realistic options there are

hora
    Free Member

Do the RAF still offer scholarships still?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any RAF types here? What's it like?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts