Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any plumbers/central heating experts in the house?
  • hamishthecat
    Free Member

We have a Boulter Camray II oil fired boiler which is working fine on the central heating but every time I put the hot water on the boiler buts out after about 10 seconds and won’t fire up again until I switch the hot water setting off. The problem seems to have cropped up spontaneously – I thought we had run out of oil and got a fill up but it took less than I was expecting and in retrospect I think the reason the boiler stopped was this issue.

I don’t know what the problem is but wondered about blocked heat exchanger(?) – based only on a Google search of the problem, or a thermostat issue at the hot water tank.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

HTC

totalshell

sounds like a thermostatic control at some point is turning it off.. can you run heating and hot water at the same time?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

No, as soon as i turn on the hot water alongside the heating it cuts out. Hot water setting won’t run on its own.

Hot water tank is cool by the way – i.e. immersion heater hasn’t made the water too hot so that’s not what is causing the problem.

chris36860
    Free Member

I’d be looking at either your 3 port valve. Sounds like the micro switch isn’t making on hot water or faulty cylinder stat. When hot water is on, you should have 240v on the orange wire coming from the 3 port. The fault isn’t the boiler.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any plumbers/central heating experts in the house?’ is closed to new replies.