Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any philatelists in the house?
  • munkster
    Free Member

No, nor me. But I have realised that I am in possession of my Dad’s stamp collection and am wondering what might be the simplest way of finding out if it is worth anything? Surely there’s not many stamp shops left these days? I don’t expect it is a priceless collection but would be interested to know if there’s any hidden gems in there.

Any wisdom? TIA.

konabunny
    Free Member

Philately will get you nowhere.

I don’t know if you’re near London but presumably you could take it around the dealers near The Strand and get fleeced a valuation? Or buy/borrow a Thingy Gibbons catalogue from somewhere?

Markie
    Free Member

A friend’s Dad is a stamp dealer who is based somewhere in the North West. He valued and sold my dad-in-laws collection. Happy to pass on his details.

Cougar

Would you pass ’em on to me as well please?

Tar.

munkster
    Free Member

Nope not in London (not any more anyway, escaped last summer!) – worried about engaging a proper stamp dealer to be honest in case it’s an embarrassing waste of their time but will have the details anyway and have a think! My email is in profile or this clicky. Ta!

ps – Konabunny, that gag was so nearly the title of this thread – until I thought I’d better make it a little more explicit 🙂

Markie
    Free Member

Emails sent, hope this helps – good luck!

konabunny
    Free Member

that gag was so nearly the title of this thread

I think it’s probably obligatory for one of us to say it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any philatelists in the house?’ is closed to new replies.