• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by tron.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • any paris hotel recommendations?
  • beb

Going to take my other half to Paris for 3 days for a surprise for her 30th birthday – struggling to find any nice hotels that aren't super expensive or booked up – was hoping to keep it to 200 Euro max per room per night (hopefully less!)

Any suggestions?? Or any good websites/books to look at? Any help much appreciated!

PS going on Eurostar into Gare du Nord…

Cheers!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

villa royal!

HB47

Suggest you use http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk – very good site and will you find some real hidden gems within your price range

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Hotel Costes, Paris

beb

nice one thanks all – will have a look now!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Don't go it all smells of urine! oh and cabbage 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

We stayed at Mama Shelter (in the 20th, so a little further out than you may want but still quick to get around) a couple of weeks back. Really quirky but definitely has a lot of personality and even has a bike rental place around the corner.

Got some restaurant recommendations if you drop me an email.

iain1775
    Free Member

apologies for cutting and pasting my tripadvisor review but Hotel Splendid Tour Eiffel(get the right one – there are two hotel spendid's) is the Best hotel I have ever stayed in anywherei n the world
    Nothing was too much trouble cost us about 90 euro on a cheap hotel website and a cheeky email direct to the hotel about it being our wedding anniversary sorted us an upgrade to a 400euro suite with eiffel tower view!
    Just book it and try a cheeky email about your wifes 30th and all she ever wanted was to go to Paris and see the tower 😉
    In the picture of the hotel frontage on the below link our room covered pretty much the entire floor with the balcony – the window in the picture was a french door that opened onto a view of the Eifel tower

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d233803-Reviews-Hotel_Splendid_Tour_Eiffel-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

"2people found this review helpful
    It's taken me a while to post this review and it is testimant to the fact that over 18 months after my stay I still feel compelled to write about it!
    I booked this hotel for one night only during a trip to France to celebrate our first wedding anniversary
    Although staying in Northen France we decided on an overnight trip to Paris. (as you can imagine trying to see all of Paris in two days was hectic so we wanted a central hotel)
    Booked through a cheap rooms website at a fraction of the rack rate I didnt expect to get the best rooms in the hotel however after booking I sent the hotel a cheeky email saying it was our anniversary and if at all possible could we have a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower. I didnt expect the request to be actioned
    On arrival the man on reception was very friendly, congratulated us and with a huge grin and a wink handed us the key and told us not to expect to see much of Paris!
    Opening the room to the upgraded (400 euro a night or something stupid – we paid £70) suite we were literally knocked speechless 3 french doors leading to balconies on three sides of the building the middle one having the Eifel tower perfectly framed in the middle. A huge bedroom, fantastic bathroom with the deepest most luxurious bath ever. Champagne waiting for us in the fridge It really was perfect
    It was such a shame we only had one night and were too busy seeing the sites to fully appreciate the room but it really did make for a very special holiday that we will never forget.
    Every time I return to Paris I will definately be staying at Hotel Splendid, we wouldnt even consider staying elsewhere now it really is a very special little hotel and I only hope I can return many times in years to come

Excellent location, nice coffee shops outside, convienient for all sightseeing, ideal for Eiffell Tower etc, well appointed small friendly hotel, very good staff, easy to get to by public transport (Metro stop 2 mins walk away – 15mins on train from Gare du Nord), clean safe area

We stayed in some very special places on our honeymoon the year before, but this little hotel in Paris that looked like nothing out of the ordinary on the internet just blew them all away!

Absolutely faultless
    "

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Hilton?

DrJ

Stayed here a couple of times:
    Hotel St Paul le Marais

cp

hotel des grands hommes – did the same for my gf's 30th. Went down a treat!

http://www.hoteldesgrandshommes.com/

Militant_biker

We stayed for a weekend up near La Défense a few years back. Because it's a business area, there are some good deals on weekend trips, I think we got a more roomy suite via Expedia for the same sort of money as a double room nearer the centre.

rootes1

Windsor Opera – good value and the money you save you can spend on slapup meals and shopping – read up on Tripadvisor

midgebait
    Free Member

Valentines day last year we went to Hotel de Latour Maubourg. Not the biggest of rooms but its clean, has more character than the standard chains and its in a good location. We found it through tripadvisor so you'll find plenty of reviews on there. Have fun!

DrJ

We stayed for a weekend up near La Défense a few years back.

But … la Defense is pretty seedy after dark – not dangerous, but not as nice as strolling back to your hotel in a central location.

p.s. booking.com is a useful site

beb

thanks all for all the suggestions!

Went for hotel des grands hommes in the end – just what I was looking for – characterful, good location, not too hard to from Gare du Nord and loads of good reviews on tripadvisor. Job done.

Cheers!

cp

🙂 it's a cracking little place! Enjoy!

tron
    Free Member

Got upgraded to the Meliá Royal Alma in Paris. Was very plush and well located for the golden triangle etc.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘any paris hotel recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.