Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Any other vinyl users on here?
  • Hadge
    Free Member

Anyone else on the ST site still liking the sound of vinyl over CD's? I went over to CD's many years ago but still found the sound cold compared to a top-notch vinyl spinner. Recently I invested in another Linn LP12 having upgraded from Rega Planar 3. It's sporting an Origin Live Silver arm and Denon MC cartridge and the sound is sublime and even prefered by my kids over my Linn Karik 3 & Linn Numerik DAC. The LP12 is a fabulous piece of kit and a worthwhile investment for any vinyl fans, especially if bought second-hand as the new prices of these things is unbelieveable

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Don't even use cd's anymore. All mp3 here. Cd's are so 90's.

chvck
    Free Member

Vinyl here, though I DJ with it because I'm too cheap to buy CDJ's and if I swapped over I'd still have loads of vinyl anyway!

I use 2x Technics 1210mk2's with ortofon concorde pro s stylii, I think I love them

quentinfarquar
    Free Member

Record collector here too, I have mp3's but it's not the same for the Northern Soul…

meesterbond

Yep… I either stream music through Sonos and DAC for convenience or listen to LPs when I've got the time to sit down and actually enjoy them…

I have a new turntable in my sights at the moment – potential the Wilson Full Circle… just have to get the expenditure passed the missus..

JxL
    Free Member

Yup, recently got into it 🙂 Bought a stanton T60 from ebay for £50, now just bought a Vestax mixer, so one more deck and i can get a party started 🙂

If anyone has some dance/electro/house/hip-hop vinyls for sale, message me (email in profile)

sadexpunk

im looking to sell my punk collection if anyones interested. thinking of ebaying it.

emac65
    Free Member

Don't do it sadexpunk,I got rid of a fair bit of mine the other year & regret it big-time…..

Always listen to Hendrix on vinyl,it just sounds so much better.

Blackhound

If I have the time then I listen to my Linn LP12 with Ittok arm and Dynavector DV-20X cart. Lovely sound. If messing with the bike or cooking then its the CD player.

Sadexpunk – advertise your albums here first. If you have London Calling I would be interested – only have it on CD.

r6ymy
    Free Member

Still love my vinyl. Had an LP12 for 20 years which was upgraded in stages finally to a Naim ARO arm with an Expert Stylus retipped Linn Troika. For the last three years I've been using a Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck with Ace Space arm and Lyra Dorian cartridge.

As above, I use it when I have time to sit down and really enjoy the music, which seems to be less and less frequently. Mostly I'm either listening to Planet Rock on DAB in my home office, or MP3 whilst commuting.

goog
    Free Member

I have too much vinyl

matthew_h
    Free Member

Another LP12 owner here although I rarely get a chance to listen to music from it these days.

SnS
    Free Member

Had my LP12 for many years. Admittedly don't play it as often as I should, but I do enjoy having the odd vinyl only evening… when I can get the house to myself 🙂
    Not only the sound of the LP12, but the whole 'ritual' of getting the album from the sleeve and so on.

Never been able to part with it.

Most of my listening thesedays is done sat on the settee in the kitchen. Book in one hand, glass of red wine in the other & sounds provided by a 40+ year old Hacker Sovereign RP25A.
    ( Most georgeous 'retro' looking radio around).

Chris

grumm
    Free Member

Got loads of vinyl and do prefer the sound but for DJ purposes I pretty much just use Serato these days as it's so much more convenient.

http://www.serato.com/scratchlive

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I've an lp12, ittok LvII and a Linn k9 into Audiolab 800oa and Castle Durhams.

But it rarely gets used – it does sound better than the Arcam Alpha 7 SE I have, even cloth ears like my dad, and verious flat visitors will tesitfy, even on stuff that wasn't recorded on analogue or particularly well.

But in todays lifestyle, I just don't have the space to enjoy it, in a tiny flat crammed with bikes – spotify is so more covenient, I simply don't "listen" as I used to.

0091paddy
    Free Member

My dad has some…under the stairs.

I once had a go at mixing on some Gemini Decks, enjoyed it. But it was rather hard and I broke a needle.

Vinyl is still alive in the the dance world it seems, with most tracks being available on vinyl as well.

cynic-al
    Free Member

TD160 here, hot rodded with re-wired RB 300 and "special" chassis. Gathering dust but it's coming back when I get me proper system set up…with itunes not cds!

Purplefunkymonkey
    Free Member

Vinyl roolz.
    25yr old LP12 owned from new , has seen many upgrades in it's life , 5 cartridges , 4 arms , 2 plinths , 2 subchassis' and a DC motor and PSU.

goog , you can never have TOO much vinyl 😉 3000+ Lp's and still growing.

da funk

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Hey, Purplefunkymonkey, you remind me of the council workman who got an award for saving the council money by using the same broom for 25 years. In that time it had only needed four handles and seven brushs.

At least the lids original? (oh, and if not the bearing, my mate swears by the cirkus bearing kit).

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I've got turntable envy now but I love my Project III anyway. Just been listening to Murder Ballads by Nick Cave which was a present this weekend to replace my much missed CD copy. Got a new vinyl album in the post too. Can't wait to carefully unwrap it and remove it from the sleeve, before placing it carefully on the turntable and sitting baack to enjoy. Such a fantastic ritual.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I had one for a while with the Lingo power supply and a Trioka cartridge.

Eventually I traded it in when I upgraded my CD player. (Probably shouldn't admit that here. But I did get a Naim CDS2 out of the deal)

sq225917
    Free Member

lp12/aro/valhalla ownere with either a troika ESc retipped or Dv20x in the driving seat.

Not bad sounding for a fruit box..

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I have a Michelle Syncro deck or gyro deck, can't recall and it doesn't say on the turntable. It's all solid glass. It's a moth arm and I don't recall the needle, but it's cool whatever it is. 😉

zbonty

STW bike geeks and matching audiophile geekery too. Who'd have thought it?

Two Technics 1210MK5G turntables and an Allen n Heath mixer here. Oh, and about 10,000 records!

Choo choo

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

That reminds me, there's an American game TV programme on at the moment called 'Beauty and the Geek'. Basically, they matched 6 American high school cheerleader lovelies up with 6 super geeks. They then have to perform tasks together to win the game. Normally I would hate this sort of thing, but it's hillarious.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Any other vinyl users on here?’ is closed to new replies.