• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by IA.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any new berlingo owners??
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Just discovered that the modutop roof rails rotate 90 degrees to become roof bars 🙂

Saved me £130 on Thule stuff 🙂

IA

Ooh interesting, I don’t have the rails/bars, but got pics?

For a roof box I’m guessing?

racing_ralph
    Free Member
    IA

Ahh cool, didn’t realise there were two sorts of rails, and one sort rotate.

Should be fine for a bike rack, except why aren’t the bikes in the berlingo?! It’s the whole reason I have one!

3 Folk and 3 bikes go in without even taking the wheels off, and plenty room for kit. You wanting more than that? 4 and 4 fit too, but admittedly a bit of a faff with wheels.

More folk than that there’s generally 2 vehicles travelling anyhow, so there are better combos for packing. 6 bikes in the back is no bother if there’s only 2 folk, with just front wheels off (or wheels on all but one bike with both off)

You’re doing berlingos wrong!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

When we travel as a family i would rather a bike not be in the car with my 16 month old baby

racing_ralph
    Free Member

BTW where does it say that their are 2 types of roof bar?

IA

Ah baby in the car, fair enough.

There appear to be longitudinal and modular roof bars. The longitudinal ones bend at one end, and are I think longer. I don’t think that sort would go across the way.

The longitudinal seem to be listed as a separate option in the configuration thing (compared to the modutop).

racing_ralph
    Free Member

do you have a pic of either type?

mine are these ones:

racing_ralph
    Free Member

cool mine are the rotating ones 🙂

Just need to find a rack that fits on the rails 🙂

IA

The longitudinal ones go to a mount point above the drivers door (they’re longer). I have 3 mount points each side on my blingo (no bars on).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any new berlingo owners??’ is closed to new replies.