Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any long travel 29er forks other than Fox?
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

Planning my build. Decided on SB95, not keen on Fox, anything else out there?
    I also want 20mm rather than 15mm.

Ringo
    Free Member

I bought some 140 mm revs ,you can get 150mm marzocchis

LoCo
    Free Member

Rev 140’s are due August, just did my 2013 pre order.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Probably be a few months until I get the funds together, might wait for 2013 Yetis to come out.

gee
    Free Member

White Bros Loop 29 does 140mm and is gettin excellent reviews.

GB

singlespeedstu

X fusion have a 34mm 140 fork arriving soon too.

Marz are 140 not 150 Ringo. 😉

james
    Free Member

” also want 20mm rather than 15mm”

But you rather 34mm stantions and 15mm or 32mm stantions and 20mm?
    IIRC 29″ Xfusion and Fox would be 34/15? And RS Revs 32/20?

And more to the point, does anyone know which will actually be stiffer/track better

Or am I overthinking it and you have a 20mm only hubbed front wheel?

singlespeedstu

I’ve got a 140 Rev and i’ve tried a 140 Float

Hard to tell the difference as far as “stiffness” goes.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I’ve got Hopes so can buy yet another adapter (I’ve owned ALL the adapters apart from 15mm!).
    I just prefer the 20mm axle, 1mm extra on the stanchion radius isn’t going to make the forks much stiffer, overlap is more important and so is the construction of the lowers. I had Revs in 9mm and 20mm, there wasn’t much between them…

LoCo
    Free Member

Revs are 15mm for 2013, well the official ones that are brought in through Fishers that I supply.

Sam

I have some of the Marzocchis in 140 – nice forks, very plush, but heavy!

Chainline
    Free Member

I beg to differ on the stiffness of the stanchions not being noticeable 32 vs 34. Depends on what and where you ride. I noticed a big difference. 32 felt like a noodle on the front in comparison, especially since my other bike was on 36’s. But this is Enduro racing in the Alps and Italy, very rocky fast cornering under braking is where I notice a it, more tucking with the 32’s.

15mm/20mm I found harder to discern, thou I would prefer if Fox did 20mm.

I agree though for most UK riding, especially if your not pushing it racing, there is little difference.

It is surprising how well 120mm copes in general..its 68.5 HA with the 120 and designed for that, which is already pretty slack. the 140 would take it to 67.6 which is freeride/DH territory (At least a 66deg 26″ equivalent) with a similarly slacker seat tube angle. as well as lifting the BB a smidgeon.
    IF you want it for bombing jumps/drops and doohalling then its probably a good call, but if not and your a ‘trail’ rider who does as much climbing as descending under your own power I’d stick with 120mm.

With respect to 29ers and the trend for slacker and slacker HA’s (NOT the genre per se) , how does the song go ‘Don’t believe the hype’ 120 is very capable and a great all round setup on 29er.

Having said all that its an easy switch between the two I think for either fork, though I don’t know if you buy a 120 Rev whether you can increase the travel to 140mm

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any long travel 29er forks other than Fox?’ is closed to new replies.