Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • any landlords in here tonight
  • sam69
    Free Member

ive been renting a shop now for 28yrs ,always signed the lease every 5yrs ,payed the rent on time,but now the folks in the shop below us would not give me half the payment for the gas so for the last 2ys ive payed for it,in the summer i thought ive had enough of this so i did not pay for it,so the landlady cut the gas of,now im renting a shop with now hot water and no heating,?the lease has to be signed,and i donot wish to come out of the shop yet.what can i do to get the landlady supply me with hot water,and some sort of heating?in my lease it does say she has to provide me with hot water and central heating ,so im paying for somthing im not getting?

edoverheels
    Free Member

Talk and explain to landlord. What is relationship between landlord and non paying shop below? They will not want to lose you. An empty shop is not an attractive prospect at the moment with no empty rate exemptions etc. You probably have a stronger position than you realise. If they are unreasonable then move. lots of empty space around and good deals available for good tenants. (depends where you are of course, but applies to a lot of places at the moment)

sam69
    Free Member

every time i ask for anything the answer is always no.

jfletch
    Free Member

You don’t need to ask, you need to tell.

sam69
    Free Member

ive told her what we need but it just falls on deaf ears

jfletch
    Free Member

If its in the contract then she has no option but to listen in the long run. Explain this to her and put your grievance in writing with a time limit to comply. If that doesn’t work you will need to get a solicitor on to it.

sam69
    Free Member

ive already had a solicitor for 3weeks onto it,but he has done sweet f all for me

jfletch
    Free Member

Are you sure it’s in the lease then?

Although if she is genuinely in breach of the contract and isn’t going to comply there is probably not a lot you can do other than leave. Luckily it’s quite a good time to get a good deal somewhere else.

sam69
    Free Member

yes its in black and white that the shop comes with hot water and central heating,i donot want to leave,so does that mean ive got to pay for a boiler myself

project
    Free Member

just perhaps the gas has been cut off by the suplier for NON PAYMENT of the bills.

sam69
    Free Member

no it was all payed up in full

project
    Free Member

To the landlord or the gas company, sometimes landlords forget to pay on the bill, to save/embezel money from the tennants.

mactheknife

Mate, if you are paying for a solicitor i am assuming you picked a good one who should be keeping you up to date with all the facts. If not then its time to get a better one.

This place will not give you the answers you need. That’s why you pay for a solicitor. Although why not talk to the landlord and try to get some answers yourself.

EDIT just read that because the other shop would not pay their half of the rent you payed the full whack?? Did you make the landlords aware of this. Did you keep records.

Honestly?? why are you letting people walk over you like this??

sam69
    Free Member

yes the landlord is aware of this,i think im going to sack my solicitor,i cannot seem to get any help from my solicitor at all.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘any landlords in here tonight’ is closed to new replies.