Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Any KLEIN Experts out there? (What's it worth content)
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Friend of mine has an old Klein Pulse Race sitting doing nowt and wants rid of it. I pointed out that it might be worth some money but I have no idea how much. She's not very good on details, but seems to think it's a late 80s frame. I'm thinking mid 90s myself though.
    I have a rather dodgy pic of it….

Apparently the parts are on the 'worn' side and the forks U/S so we're really looking at the price of a frame, TBH. I'd imagine it's in decent nick, she's not the hardest of riders and it's done a lot of commuting apparently

Value?
    Age?
    Any other info you might have?

Cheers!
    🙂

wwaswas

llooks like a nice frame. I'm glad it appears to be too small for me 😉

try retrobike, btw

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yes I'll try Retrobike, but STW is my first port of call before I get a log on for there. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Retrobike is USELESS. I need to have 5 posts before I can put a pic/link in a post. And I don't have anything to say on the other threads.

Tiger6791
    jobbyheid
    Free Member

certainly not late 80's, I think it may be a post Trek takeover Klein so not quite as exotic, nice all the same though..

CustardCream

Its a 1998 Klein Pulse Race, I thank you.

jimthesaint

They don't fetch much I'm afraid. Made after the Trek buy out, and weren't that expensive when brand new. If you look at the welds you'll see that they are not smoothed out like a 'classic' Klein.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, post Trek buyout and not really one for the collectors…!

That said, if it's a tidy frame, would make someone a nice singlespeed/commuter project.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

What do you think it's worth then? £50? £100?

I fancy it myself TBH, as a SS.

I just don't want to rip a friend off….. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Tiger – Thanks for that! 🙂

Tiger6791

If she doesn't want it and you gave her a £100 I think you'd be getting a good deal and so would she.

Tiger6791

If she doesn't want it and you gave her a £100 I think you'd be getting a good deal and so would she.

I liked that so much I thought twice was a good idea 😀

MTT
    Free Member

I've got one in the shed, albeit blue, its a fantastic frame from 97/98 and was a cut above the competition (at that price point – £6-800, cuts were made in the groupset/wheels etc…). Its a combination of 6061 front triangle and 6013 (i believe) rear. Extremely light and stiff, a superb project and performance wise is still largely unsurpassed in the Alu market. Buy it, don't let it be wasted on the eBay fodder.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

MTT, I believe the 'Race' model was a bit more expensive (£900-ish?) but that's a mute point being as most of the finishing kit is knackered I suppose…..

We'll see….

MTT
    Free Member

You're absolutely right, I was taking it as a given that you'd be buying the bike for the frame. The frame was the same throughout the pulse range (Pulse, Comp, Race, Pro) see; here for the full lineup.

AverageMark
    Free Member

My first bike was a pulse pro. As stated above great frames, done everything on mine then flogged itm a year or so back. £100 isn't bad if the finishing kit is knackerd.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Any KLEIN Experts out there? (What's it worth content)’ is closed to new replies.