Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any Kinesis Crosslight owners out there ?
  • hoodie
    Free Member

Anyone got one of the recent crosslight models ? Either 5T or Evo4 ?

Really like the look of the 5T –

Tried out a Croix de Fer today and it didnt quite seem as special as I thought it would, also rather heavy (although I can talk..ahemmm). By contrast a Specialized Tricross Comp was much more flyweight and looked beautifully put together – albeit the LBS didnt have a particularly good deal on….

Keep coming back to the ideaof the Kinesis tho – looks a lovely blend of modern mixed with tradition…if that makes sense…

Its really to get me out more, get some fitness and be able to use it on a mix of surfaces with some speed on road.

Probably use Cyclesheme as works allow up to £1500 over 18mths (althought id rather stick to £900-1100

Comments and ideas or pics of your Crosslights welcome….anyone who wants to question my need for a cross bike, question away – theres no real need, i just fancy one and like nice bikes !

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve got pro5 (nicer 5t) but tbh I’d buy one of these
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/cyclo-cross/product/review-cannondale-caadx-105-11-42972
    2012 tiagra for £950 or 105 for £1200.

hoodie
    Free Member

Cannondale is on the list and theres deals applenty on the 2011 caadx 105…but it doesn’t look very exciting for the money….

scratch
    Free Member

I raced a 5T this season, brought S/H off here, built up a lot lighter than I imagined, for an hours ‘cross it was perfect for me, couldn’t fault it.

Someone on here has a really nice 2012 5T built up with discs, there was a pick floating round last week. I’ve been looking for a second CX bike for next season and relegating the 5T to the pits, in all honesty I think I’ll end up with a pro5 or at least another Kinesis if I can get the funds together.

There was a review of one of the base Steven models up on BikeRadar earlier, seemed OK for a non-race type bike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any Kinesis Crosslight owners out there ?’ is closed to new replies.