Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any iPhone upgrade/selling/haggling experiences here?
  • robdob
    Free Member

I have a 8gb 3G iPhone which the contract is about to run out on. I want a 16 or 32gb 3GS next but need some ideas to keep the cost down of getting one. I could either ring o2 up when my upgrade is due (14th Jan) and try to get one as an upgrade or wait till contract runs out on 14th feb. I have checked the phone buying websites and they will give me £150 minimum (carphone warehouse will give me £175!). I have a £35 a month contract and don't want to pay more. I would prefer the upgrade route as it's less hassle but selling phone and starting new contract would allow me to change to vodaphone who appear to be a bit cheaper for buying the phone.

Any ideas or experiences on any of the above?

robdob
    Free Member

Hmm maybe I was wrong to think people would be all over this thread!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

there was a thread running about iPhone deals…try searching…might be on page 2 or 3

vrapan
    Free Member

Can you not wait another few months? The difference between the 3G and 3GS is not all that great really so getting tied down for another 18 months is not worth it in my opinion. My contract ends in March but I am waiting for the next one.

robdob
    Free Member

Does anyone know for sure when a next gen one is coming out?

MrSmith
    Free Member

Steve Jobs will know for sure.
    i think this is his email? s.jobs@apple.com

vrapan
    Free Member

No but with Android turning the heat up, WinMo 7 coming out Palm Pre getting some traction I doubt they will miss their June release schedule.

robdob
    Free Member

Is that June in the UK though? I could wait that long but my phone is going to need a new case if I keep it much longer.

vrapan
    Free Member

Other than the original iPhone both the 3G and the 3GS have been released at the same time in most countries. I mean being Apple I am not telling you that June is defo the date but I would be very surprised if it wasn't.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Get a real phone, an "Unbreakable phone" http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/8450385.stm

petrieboy

16g 3gs upgrade on o2. Got phone for free on the 35 contract with unlimited text. 24 monthcontract

JIf
    Free Member

Have you thought about selling your 3G to fund the upgrade, they still seem to go for over £200 for an 8gb on ebay

disben

I walked into the Carphone Warehouse the week before last (was due an upgrade to my original 18 month 3G Iphone contract). They offered me originally the Simplicity on 02 for £25 and then after a couple of seconds offered it for £20 when i enquired about free internet. All transferred within 24 hours. However now my Iphone is in the shop being fixed after i promptly dropped it within a week! Good old Carphone Warehouse Insurance!

The deal is out there – there are no other offers available at present and all the companies are using the same charging structures!

From above – Can you not wait another few months? The difference between the 3G and 3GS is not all that great really so getting tied down for another 18 months is not worth it in my opinion. My contract ends in March but I am waiting for the next one.

This is what im doing!

DrJ

but with Android turning the heat up

Heat ???

Jamie
    Free Member

Heat ???

To be fair that is mostly about a few people bitching Google do not provide telephone support.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Any iPhone upgrade/selling/haggling experiences here?’ is closed to new replies.