Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any Intense Tracer Owners on STW?
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

A quick sizing question: would a Medium Tracer be the correct size for me (6′ tall)?

Compared to my previous 2 frames the head angle is the same, the seat angle is 1.5-2 degrees slacker & the effective top tube length of the Tracer is 1″ shorter.

This is the figure that bothers me the most.

A layback seatpost &/or slightly longer stem could compensate for this.
    (I have a 50mm stem on my current bike, so going longer (65/70mm) is a valid option.)

Thoughts from STWers?

Dino
    Free Member

Prob be better on a large but depends how u like ure bike

lank45
    Free Member

Although not mine, my dad has has a Tracer 2 in a size large. He’s 6’2″ and I’m 6’1″. For me it seems perfect, lots of standover and very comfortable when sat down and stood up.

What I’d be looking at is the difference in TT length between the medium and large, the large is an inch longer, which would make it similar to your previous frames. If you like the feel of this top tube length then plump for a large, which I’d recommend.

Best way to find out is to sit on one, I’m sure there will be people on here local who’d let you chuck a leg over their pride and joy 🙂

joao3v16
    Free Member

Thanks all.

I don’t like things too short/cramped, so it’s sounding like the Medium would be the wrong choice.

slowrider
    Free Member

im a fraction under 6ft with a 50mm stem and 780mm bar. i ride a large with 170mm lyriks in the 6inch setting and wouldnt want it any shorter than it is for the kind of riding i do, let alone anything more xc based.

you are welcome to have a go, im in nottingham

Kryton57

Hello.

I’m a tad under 6ft. I ride a large with a 90mm Stem.

Medium will be too small for you on the obvious basis, but also becuase Intense adjust the Geomatry slightly between the two sizes – it isnt just a proportional reduction of Seat/down/top tube.

Kryton57

@ Slowrider – we talked earlier in the week – I didnt realise the shock(s) you have/had for sale is from a Tracer? – I’m interested then of your experience with the DHX 5.0 – would you mind emailing me with an opinion – I still have my eye on your ad!

Currently using a Van R Ti spring on mine, looking for Air to remove weight for enduro events.

slowrider
    Free Member

the dhx wasnt from the tracer m8, that was the rp23. i only just got the frame and swapped straight to a ccdb so havent got anything useful to say, sorry!

Johnbot
    Free Member

6″2 here with a large tracer, i love the fit. 50mm stem
    Where are you? Someone might be near by with one

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any Intense Tracer Owners on STW?’ is closed to new replies.