Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any good deals on van insurance around?
  • wenanwhere
    Free Member

Just moved house and had a big bump in my monthly premium through direct line. I have 2 years no claims (the length of time I’ve had the van). I use it purely for social use.

Anybody got a good deal recently?

First step will to just get a requote with direct line as a new customer

pottsathome
    Free Member

I m with axa it’s the cheapest I found for my van.

bigad40
    Free Member

Commercial vehicle direct (CVD) are a broker.
    A-plan insurance are another.
    Both go mad around my renewal date and end up undercutting each other, just say, “yes that is a good quote but I’m happy with current insurer and would like to see what they have to offer.”
    Secretly they love that!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Cheapest i got was gladiator

315 quid

Budget previously were cheapest but claimed my new address was much higher risk and bumped me up 200 quid to 500 as well as charging me 75 quid admin fee to change address mid policy in january – the car also with them was subject to only 25 pounds admin fee

druidh
    Free Member

Cheapest I could find was NFU. They were happy about my modifications too – no change in premium.

coatesy
    Free Member

Both NFU and Direct Line quoted well over £800 for a policy Churchill were renewing at £450. Was able to get it under £400, due to age and driving record, from LV.

tthew

There’s too many variables to say that one company will always be cheaper than another. You’ll just have to shop around as ususal or use the comparison websites. However, I’m with Gladiator same as Trail Rat. Sorted out a windscreen claim easily enough for me the other week.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Aviva for me

neninja
    Free Member

Try Adrian Flux – I found them the cheapest by far this year for my pick-up which is also treated as a private LGV

Special_ized_Jamie

CVD for me and bigad40 is correct you can haggle for a better deal every year

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any good deals on van insurance around?’ is closed to new replies.