Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any Genesis Grapil Owners out there?
  • robbonzo
    Free Member

I’m considering a Grapil and was wondering if anyone has any real world experience of it? STW review loved it, is there anything you’d change, other than the dull paintjob?

rewski
    Free Member

I saw it in the flesh at London Bike Show, it’s a real looker, the paintjob looks better in the flesh, very understated. MBUK reviewed it, the only thing I recall being an negative was the component spec for the price.

Kryton57

I saw it in the flesh at London Bike Show, it’s a real looker, the paintjob looks better in the flesh, very understated. MBUK reviewed it, the only thing I recall being an negative was the component spec for the price.

Same here and I couldnt agree more. slx/xt rather than deore/slx would make me feel better, buts is 10x better looking in the flesh.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Seen one in my LBS and the frame looked great, apart from the bland colour!

IMO, the frame only option is too expensive, same price as a transition Bandit and more expensive than nukeproof, Titus and a few others. If it was around the 1k mark I’d snap one up almost immediately.

robbonzo
    Free Member

Good to know it looks better in the flesh. Im ok with the spec, would have been nice to see a Fox shock but I like Rockshox forks and Shimano slx brakes are excellent, way better than avid elixirs which get specced on so many bikes.
    Its been said its like an alu blur TRc, which since has just come out, makes this look like a cheap alternative. 😉

18bikes

we’ve got a demo bike (18″) if you fancy a try before you buy. RE the Transition point -I’m a bigger fan of the bushing (rather than bearing) details on the Grapil, plus comes with a Maxle. We’ve got a bandit demo too.

fathomer

They do look nice and I thought it looked better in the flesh when I had a look in 18 the last time I was in the Peak. I’m waiting to see what Cotic bring out in the summer before parting with my hard earned.

GHill

Not an owner, but had a loan of one for a week. It’s the sort of bike that could get me into trouble, start getting over confident and tackle stuff that’s beyond my ability. The long, slack and low geometry is probably a bit marmite, I loved it but needed to be careful for pedal strikes.

Currently thinking that I’ll get the frame only and run it with X-Fusion Slant forks.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

18bikes – Member
    we’ve got a demo bike (18″) if you fancy a try before you buy. RE the Transition point -I’m a bigger fan of the bushing (rather than bearing) details on the Grapil, plus comes with a Maxle. We’ve got a bandit demo too.

*Makes notes to head over*

robbonzo
    Free Member

Any idea of the frame weight? My current bike is 30.6 lbs and but with a 7lbs frame, im trying to get a lighter all day bike.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Agree that the Grapil does look very nice in the flesh. Had a demo on the Bandit yesterday and it was very good, but now I want to try the Grapil as well. Bandit, Grapil or Five? Choices, choices, choices…

robbonzo
    Free Member

Had a little Look back at the blog on Genesis’ website, says the proto frame weighs 7lbs, aiming for 6.7lbs for production…hmm

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any Genesis Grapil Owners out there?’ is closed to new replies.