Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Any doctors on here? – Eye content
  • Harry_the_Spider

A couple of weeks back I had a dose of “snotty eye” that I treated with some over the counter drops. That cleared up straight away but my eyes have felt weird since, almost as if they are pressurised. This morning I noticed quite a deterioration in the distance vision of the right and the left feels like it has been poked,

Any ideas?

I’ve got a doctor’s appointment booked, but it is not until Friday.

wwaswas

I’d go to an optician – they may refer you to you local eye hospitals outpatients dept.

Harry_the_Spider

Just spoke to my optician. They told me to see the GP first and take it from there.

Drums fingers for 55 hours.

wwaswas

that’s funny – when my boy had a bad eye the gp sent him to the opticians to get it checked (turned out he scratched his cornea).

Harry_the_Spider

The optician said if the “snotty eye” hadn’t cleared up or I had some other infection they couldn’t do anything about it.

Drac

Does your local eye hospital have an eye casualty?

They may see you if you think it’s causing you pain or a lot of trouble.

toys19
    Free Member

We used to have an awesome eye hospital in Exeter, they turned it into a ‘spensive hotel, and that’s closed too, the worlds coming to end you know..

Eggbox
    Free Member

Manchester Royal eye hospital has a walk in A&E and Trafford general has a walk in GP surgery (if you get there first thing you can see someone straight away.

Alternatively wait to see the GP who may or may not have a clue and will refer you to the eye hospital with the next appt in 3 months time 🙁

derek_starship
    Free Member

Sounds like a rasied intraocular pressure precipitated by prolonged exposure to pron. Put your laptop in the loft for seven days and you’ll be fine.

terrahawk
    Free Member

don’t get admitted to hospital over the weekend!

Flaperon

IMHO any eye problem that manifests as deteriorated vision should be an immediate visit to A+E.

What’s the worst that happens? You lose a couple of hours and you’re sent back to your GP.

derek_starship
    Free Member

awesome eye hospital

Not something you hear everyday!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Go to local Walk in Centre before you start walking into things?

bedmaker

Did you put your drops on the shelf next to the superglue?

If it is a pressure spike though I’d get down to a hospital with pressure testing facilities and stand at the door for as long as it takes to be seen.
    Excess pressure can cause all sorts of nasties, I suffer from it and it is controlled with drops.

Visit GP, refer to eye clinic – wait ~3 months for an appointment sounds right ime. Try to get a pressure check sooner if you can.

Harry_the_Spider

Off to the eye hospital.

bedmaker

All the best.

toys19
    Free Member

Not something you hear everyday!

You should see it

From here.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

If Mr Spider gets really gloomy / miserable and his eyesight deteriorates*, then he could be the new Cressers

*but I hope it doesn’t

Harry_the_Spider

Tear ducts not functioning so eyeballs are not getting cleaned and lubed resulting in surface wear.

Presssure etc OK. No way my GP could have done those tests.

3 hours hanging around.

90 minutes to drive 7 miles across Manchester on the way home.

I’ve had better days.

william
    Free Member

Smoke some weed. 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Any doctors on here? – Eye content’ is closed to new replies.