Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any Doctors in the house – Help needed
  • Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I am lucky enough to have a swimming pool at work and have started swimming in my lunch hours a couple days a week.

The last few times I have been swimming, in the evenings just as I am about to go to bed I have started to get an itchy throat/ roof of my mouth, then my nose and then my ears. My nose starts to run and I have sneezing fits which come and go. The last time it was really unpleasent and kept me awake for an extra 2 hours before easing off enough to be able to sleep. In the morning I am fine.

I came to the conclusion I have an allergy to the chemicals in the pool and spoke to the guys who run the pool but they tell me nothing has changed and all levels are good (I know them well and feel what they say is the truth). I have also swam in the pool previous to this happening with no problems.

I then went swimming on Wednesday and this time I never put my head under the water to see if that would help, Wednesday evening I had a bit of an itchy throat but nothing else so it seemed like it was the pool.

However, I had a bath last night and I went under the water (holding my nose) to wet my hair and this morning I woke up to a itchy throad that then went on to all the other symptons described above.

I also had nothing in the water, no soap, bubbles etc.

I mentioned all this to my Doctor this morning (was taking my Daughter to the Doctors so was a cheeky mention at the end) and she didn't have a clue and was puzzled by it. She didn't recommend any futher investigations etc. either.

Now I am a little lost as to what the best solution forward is with this. Why would water be irritating my sinuses like this??

Oh one other thing, I was diagnosed with having Asthma just before Christmas.

Any help or advice appreciated.

thomthumb
    Free Member

a serious dose of MTFU required!

HTH

woody2000

If you were allergic to the pool chemicals, you'd have a reaction there and then surely? Probably mould spores/allergic rhinitis etc – you're probably not asthmatic either, it'll more likely be allergy symptoms instead (like me). I am NOT a Dr however! 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    uplink
    Free Member

Swallowed a turd?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any Doctors in the house – Help needed’ is closed to new replies.