Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any dentists on here ?
  • mrfrosty
    Free Member

I’m on the waiting list but my teeth need urgent attention, what to do ? call around an see if i can be fitted in anywhere?

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

where are you?

You should contact your PCT in England ( primary care trust ) or LHB in wales ( not sure what the equivalent is in the other principalities) who should have a list of NHS dentists currently accepting patients. If an emergency you should phone them tomorrow and find out how you get treatment in urgent cases

If desperate eg abscess pain contact your out of hours GP provider/nhs direct or if no joy with them a+E

meeeee
    Free Member

if you’re in the lakes i can have a quick look n sort something out for you, should be able to squeeze you in sometime tomorrow or tues + we’re NHS.

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Thankyou. I’m in south wales, i’ll get on the phone tommorrow an get it sorted. ta

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Where about in south wales mate?

mrfrosty
    Free Member

A hop,skip an a jump from cwmcarn

Kieran

Get on the phone to NHS direct NOW!

I suffered last weekend with terrible toothache and spent the weekend taking cocktail of Paramol, Ibuprofen, clove oil and Whiskey just to take the edge off the pain, whilst browsing the web forum tales of woe about trying to get a NHS dentist

On ringing NHS direct on Monday morning, they gave me the number for the local PCT, who gave me a bollocking for not ringing over the weekend: I had an appointment with an NHS dentist within two hours and was pain free within 24 hours

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

calm down kieren it might not be an emergency! Of course if you are in lots of pain you should do something now. However if not you are better off waiting until normal working hours!

Not sure which local health boards you are under , could be torfaen/blaenau gwent/ newport or caerphilly geographically but their numbers are here!

and no they shouldnt give you a bollocking, they have a duty to find you timely dental care

Good luck
    Al

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

[/url]

andym
    Free Member
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any dentists on here ?’ is closed to new replies.