Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any bristol Single speeders out there?
  • DaddyJim
    Free Member

Reason I ask 1: Wouldn’t mind meeting some SSers from around my area.

Reason I ask 2: is I would like to enter the Bristol bike fest 12 hour enduro but need at least someone else to ride with as 12 hours solo SS might be a bit beyond me!

Anyone out there?

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Are you mad? Do you know how hilly Bristol is? 🙂

MrSparkle

Hi mate. Thought we might have seen you in Belgium! You missed a fantastic event. Going to SSUK then?

TooTall
    Free Member

Look out for flashes on here – he often rides bikes that are short of gears.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Yep.. i ride SS and love it (converted 3 months ago). Would love to do bikefest but doing a road race on the 5th hosted by my club.

Up for riding.. around during the week

Candodavid
    Free Member

Plenty of SS’ers on Mendip, we hit the trails regulary if interested hooking up?

Moses

Yes, but I am old and fat and slow with short legs, so I can’t keep up with anyone. SS is my excuse – look, I’ve only got one gear.

Earl
    Free Member

Yep me – in 29er guise. Keen to hook up and share the joy/pain though half 12hour bikefest team is beyond me i think.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yep, but I’m miserable and only ride on my own plus I’m already soloing the Bikefest. 😉

DaddyJim
    Free Member

Harrah! First up thanks for all the responses, probably best thing is if your going for a spin send me an e-mail and I’ll see if i can make it, be great to ride with some other ss’ers.

@Mr Sparkle, Alright! Belgium would have be brilliant but alas didn’t have time (or money!) did sound like a good gig from what I heard, and would love to do SSUK this year but I’m on holiday the week before and the logistics of getting there may be a bit of a pain, will see how in pans out. My Partner in crime from last year will be going though so I expect you’ll see him.. Is the tandem of doom making a ressurection or have you something equally silly planned?

MrSparkle

TOD is still a rusting heap in the garage. Still got Welsh mud on it! We might give it some ‘TLC’ and resurrect it, we’ll see… :0)

clubber
    Free Member

DaddyJim, drop me an email as I may be able to help on both.

Flashy
    Free Member

Hi

try contacting us at http://www.thecheesyriders.co.uk/

We often have more SS ers than odd people on our regular Monday and away rides. We have entered teams, pairs and solo ss for Bikefest. I’m sure you’d be able to find a like minded sole for June. I myself was in the SS / fixed team that won Ockoberfest last year (OK, Old Gits class Sunday, but a wins a win)

What hills??

DaddyJim
    Free Member

Rightio, I’ve replied to both you Clubber and send a mail to the info e-mail addy on the cheesy riders site.

Banging Clart.

Flashy, I did the ocktoberfest last year as well (just the 4 hour enduro solo) came 7th which I was pleased about, especially as I don’t think anyone else was SS in it (could be wrong), good fun wasn’t it, although the oompa music could get a little grating after a while if you where in the pit area for any lenght of time..

Flashy
    Free Member

If you can come along to a Monday ride. I can point you at guys trying to assemble teams/pairs

GaryLake
    Free Member

DaddyJim: cheesyrider email is down, I’ll send you a forum invite instead…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Any bristol Single speeders out there?’ is closed to new replies.