Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Answer to the big political question
  • bruk

After 2 weeks of listening to all our politicians pontificate on how they will cure all our ills I have reached the conclusion that there is only 1 answer.

We need a Dictator.

Now they need to be a Benign dictator who is prepared to ignore public opinion to do some of the unpleasant things needed to sort out or finances and without resorting to hanging bankers or politicians.

So who would be the ideal dictator?

Moses

Nah.
    We need a dictator who WILL resort to hanging bankers & other politicians

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Me. The obvious answer. Probably a few parasites will leave the country as well once I am installed

Next question?

Talkemada
    Free Member

Ooh! Ooh! Can I be Chief Inquisitor?

PLEEEEEEEEEEAAASEEE?????

Heh! I could torture Hora all day long! 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Duly appointed Talky

Now who else for the cabinet? Of course I reserve the right not to listen to them.

MSP

What’s wrong with hanging the bankers, I have yet to hear an argument that there is any special requirement to do that work, it seems to be intellectually on par with low level technical work or administrative jobs, the kind of work that could be done by 60% or more of the population with a little training.
    And as for the politicians, they become surplus to requirements in a dictatorship anyway, may as well just hang em up.

aracer
    Free Member

Obviously somebody who doesn't desperately want to be a dictator.

Me.

Ooops.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Duly appointed Talky

Yay! 😀

(Toddles off to select torture instruments…)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I'll handle defence, if that's OK.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I'd sort of got you pencilled in for foreign office. CFH – still Defense – you're in.

bruk

I was merely thinking on re-employing all politicians as menial serfs shovelling Sh** and other pleasant jobs at minimum wage and stripping them of their pensions etc. A far more effective punishment than just killing them.

Torture as a tool for retribution is much more effective if done mentally to supposedly otherwise bright intelligent people than just hang draw and quarter them ( I admit there may be exceptions eg Blair)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FO? Well, I can handle that sort of thing, TJ. I'm a jolly clubbable chap and more than capable of a few linguistic turns. Smashing.

iDave
    Free Member

Me. The obvious answer.

epic fail there TJ

chewkw
    Free Member

bruk – Member

So who would be the ideal dictator?

Me! Me! Me!

I promise to be good and will rule the land Henry VIII style.

Brazen Bull anyone?

:mrgreen:

p/s: did I hear someone questioning me? … Off with the head!

konabunny
    Free Member

it seems to be intellectually on par with low level technical work or administrative jobs, the kind of work that could be done by 60% or more of the population with a little training.

That would certainly come as good news to bank CEOs because now they can fire all their expensive staff and replace them with much cheaper people.

MSP

That would certainly come as good news to bank CEOs because now they can fire all their expensive staff and replace them with much cheaper people.

That won't happen, the ceo's come from the same schools and are part of the same system of inflated egos and self intrest, they believe they are all something special, without any evidence to support the fact.

Peer reviewed pay deals, I wish I could sit down with my mates and we could all decide how much each other was paid.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

chewkw

Too late my son – Me and talky got in their first. I'm in charge, Talkemada is playing the Beria role, CFH got foreign office.

I might be able to find a minor role for you.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The dictator and his cabinet are setting up nicely for my "bloodless" coup in a few years. Flash, you'll never last with TeeJ…time to rethink your move. Talcumpowdermada, have a think too…

tree-magnet
    Free Member

If TJ's running the country I'll leave now. Nothing will ever get done cos the country will be on strike.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tree – I thought you were in your sandpit at the moment?

anyway – no one will go on strike in the TJ workers paradise – cos if they do I will set talkemada on them. there will be no room for strikes in TJs workers paradise

DaRC_L

TJ will there be a lack of petrol, general failure of business and a breakdown of society in a wyndham-esque way?

if so, count me in… 😆

runs off to find big stick, gun & self sufficient pad somewhere remote with good trails

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Yup, still out here, and not coming back now!!

You better hope there isn't a TJ ver 2 out there anywhere, or he's gonna sue you for denying the right to strike!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tree – defence is still going if you want a place in teh TJ cabinet.

DaRC_L – that will happen anyway

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Talcumpowdermada needs to have people scared of him.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Okay then.

*tows the party line*

I'm assuming it's ok to U-Turn in the tj cabinet then!! It's gonna be interesting having a left wing dictator and right wing FO and Defence…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Or – Its better to have them in the tent pissing out than outside pissing in.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

bagsy health, and I can also tutor talkemada in the prodding of the genitalia with big pointy sticks, etc.
    If health's already spoken for, could I be minister in charge of burning stuff?

luked2
    Free Member

TJ – you can't be a proper dictator without a Ministry for Truth and Justice….

tree-magnet
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Or – Its better to have them in the tent pissing out than outside pissing in.

Aye. I'm defo not pming CFH organising our coups…

aracer
    Free Member

no one will go on strike in the TJ workers paradise – cos if they do I will set talkemada on them. there will be no room for strikes in TJs workers paradise

I'd never realised you were a closet Thatcherite.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A sniff of power and its "principles – what principles?"

barnsleymitch – you're in.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Whoo, and indeed, hoo. I'm off to perform a very bloody coup of NHS middle management, and if they dont like it, I've got the kindling and matches to hand 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

environment please – you ban the cars boss and I will help us save the trees

Zoolander
    Free Member

I'll do educashun

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Can we have uniforms? With all gold braid on and that?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Fine chaps – your in.

Now – Ernie for truth and justice?

aracer
    Free Member

Anyway, shouldn't Talkemada be People's Commissar for Foreign Affairs or People's Commissar for War?

bullheart
    Free Member

Hmmmm…

I don't think this is going to end well.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So long as you don't upstage me mitch – I share a tailor with Gaddafi

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Hmm, a bit bland. What about mexican wrestling costumes? And you're going to need a handbag TJ, after all, it never did that nice Mrs Thatcher's image any harm. And a moustache, of course, everybody likes a nice manly 'tache.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Answer to the big political question’ is closed to new replies.