Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Another 'What compact digital camera?' thread
  • thepurist

Yesterday I found out that my old Pentax Optio S5n doesn’t bounce so I need to find a replacement. Budget is up to around 200 quid so it’s a slightly different market to the other threads. It’s mainly to be used for general snaps and making records of sites for my work rather than anything arty, so my old 5MP was plenty. I’m wondering about the benefits of the various shockproof models out there too as this is the 2nd camera I’ve killed by dropping it. Any suggestions?

Cougar

A wrist strap?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve been using an Olympus Mju Tough for years now. Seems bombproof! Some great pics, but not the best in low light conditions. Ace out on the slopes/water/sunny trails though!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    YoKaiser
    Free Member

Lumix for me waterproof shockproof and dustproof. 😀 very pleased with it so far.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Its a Panasonic TS1 btw 😳

martinxyz
    Free Member

lol. i saw your camera and have been searching for a lumix avchd lite for the past 5 mins.. then i noticed the last post. looks nice.

stevenieve
    Free Member

It’s a Panasonic Lumix FT-2

Northwind

Do you not find the lens is awful exposed on those? I keep seeing them and thinking it looks great for pocket stuffing but one scratch in the wrong place and it’s screwed… Or can you replace the glass?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Sainsburys are doing the lumix tz8 for 199 quids now – great camera

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Another 'What compact digital camera?' thread’ is closed to new replies.