Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Another running thread
  • dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Since there's been a lot of chat on here about running, I thought I'd see if anyone has tried the new nike lunar glide trainers? I'm toying with the idea of giving them a go – they are the same price as my usual asics – but not sure what I think of them. They look a bit 'special', but I quite like the fact they seem to be able to adapt to what you need when you need it (or is this just marketing rubbish?)

And as an aside, I'm doing my first half marathon on Sunday. Timed rather badly as the cushioning in my shoes is on the way out… :-O

49er_Jerry
    Free Member

I had some Asics something or other, bought because they fitted and felt good in Decathlon.

The best thing I've done for my running was got to a running shop [Accelerate in Sheffield] for a proper gait analysis, coupled with trying approx 6 different pairs of shoes to match fit and running style. The difference even for a recreational runner like me is unbelievable. I'd suggest that rather than guessing / relying on other's advice.

nickc

My Nikes are years old with thousands of kms on them. I should probably get some new trainers. Not sure I'd want to do that just before a big run like a half-marathon though

Trekster

The best thing I've done for my running was got to a running shop [Accelerate in Sheffield] for a proper gait analysis, coupled with trying approx 6 different pairs of shoes to match fit and running style. The difference even for a recreational runner like me is unbelievable. I'd suggest that rather than guessing / relying on other's advice.

That is what I did yesterday and the difference is amazing after just a few minutes on the tredmill. Just need to buy some now and get out 🙄
    Quite fancy doing local half marathon this year

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i've had my gait checked and my asics are fine for me. i'm not changing my shoes just before my half, but was just curious to know what people thought of the newer trainers on the market ie the lunar glides that claim to offer support as and when you need it, and more cushioning in areas if you need it at the end of a run for example.

trekster, i fancy doing the kielder marathon at some point – not that local to you but very scenic!

roper
    Free Member

they seem to be able to adapt to what you need when you need it (or is this just marketing rubbish?)

I'd say it is just marketing rubbish. Your shoes don't do that you do it naturally when you run.
    I prefer to have a shoe which doesn't interfere with my natural running gait.
    Best thing is to try some on a go for a run.
    Also if you replace the asics you can probably find the same model cheaper now so you might be able to try a different brand and keep you old ones.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Another running thread’ is closed to new replies.