Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • another rugby thread
  • anagallis_arvensis
    white101

saw it on the news this morning, beautiful to watch.

hitman
    Free Member

superb!

anagallis_arvensis

So whats thoughts on the Heinekin Cup, Ospreys, not sure if a losing bonus point is any good or not and they’ll do well to get out of that group, Scarlets dont have the pack, Cardiff could do OK, Dragons are shit, same old same old.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Aa – want to take a bet on how Glasgow and Edinburgh will do? Beat the best teams one week, get stuff by the minnows the next 😕

IdleJon

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Ospreys, not sure if a losing bonus point is any good or not and they’ll do well to get out of that group, Scarlets dont have the pack, Cardiff could do OK, Dragons are shit, same old same old.

I’d be more concerned about the fact that the Ospreys don’t seem to want to win – they are aiming to play a clinical game, good defence etc, but don’t know what to do when they have the ball, they’ve forgotten they need to attack. How can Hook, Bishop (I’ve already forgotten who was on the other wing from Shane!) all have been so anonymous? They play as if they have no ambition at the moment. But having said that they are the same every year..frustrating team.

The Scarlets may be better this year, but are they going to do their normal trick of being up for one game and then down for the next?

You are right about the Dragons -imo they are an embarrassment. We only have 4 pro teams in Wales and one of them is useless. How can the WRU think that’s a healthy situation?

The Blues? Hmmm, I’ll wait to see what they are like away from home.

Bath v Biarritz today didn’t look as if they’ll trouble the top teams.

I’ve got two more games to watch and then I’m rugbyd out!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And yet the papers are full of mindless twaddle about that ****monkey Cipriani. AAAAARGH!

IdleJon

What about Cipriani? I haven’t seen a paper today. Let’s do a google search……

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was at the London Irish Munster game. Tbh, the losing bonus point wasn’t a bad result. LI have been scoring points for a hobby this season and we had an injury list (Flannery, Howlett, O’Connell, O’Leary et al) as long as my arm. But for a silly breakaway try in the second half, it could have been a different story. Having said that, this could be one of the first years we don’t emerge from the group. And even if we do, we’ll get the hard road after that.

IdleJon

Thanks dd you total div. That was a result I didn’t know, a game I’ve yet to watch! 👿

anagallis_arvensis

I’d be more concerned about the fact that the Ospreys don’t seem to want to win –

what shite

How can Hook, Bishop (I’ve already forgotten who was on the other wing from Shane!) all have been so anonymous?

that’ll be probably the best 14 in europe Tommy Bowe.

In Hooks case it maybe the fact tha was his first full game since last season having only played as a sub in one game this season. In general it maybe more to do with not getting enough ball. However as I said in my first post I’m unsure about the performance, a bonus point away from home is not to be sniffed at against good oppo’s

IdleJon

anagallis_arvensis – Member

I’d be more concerned about the fact that the Ospreys don’t seem to want to win –

what shite

If you say so. I’ve sat in the stand in the Liberty far too often and watched Ospreys teams go through the motions and not get a result.

Do you seriously think that the Ospreys performance yesterday reflected the fact that they have some of the most talented backs in Europe, and several ‘star’ players in the forwards?

that’ll be probably the best 14 in europe Tommy Bowe.

Only as good as the ball he gets – this weekend he was far from the best 14 in Europe.

Maybe you are happy to get a losing bonus point – I’m disappointed that the Ospreys didn’t go for an achievable win.

I’ll edit this and add that it wasn’t even a full strength Toulon side.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

IdleJon, I’ll assume you might be taking the piss. But if you’re here tonight expecting not to read the result of a game played yesterday evening….. 🙄

IdleJon

deadlydarcy, I am. 😆

It is true that I’ll be watching the game just as soon as Mrs IJ retires, so I didn’t know the result.

I never manage to avoid results – I worked through one 6N Welsh game, and managed to avoid the screens in work, walk all the way home without hearing anything until 100m before my house a child ran out of a pub and shouted something along the lines of ‘Whoopee, we’ve won’. You are tonight’s equivalent of that child!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

**** off then 😉 I’d actually quite happily watch it again. It was a cracking game.

IdleJon

Cracking game? Oh good!

Still waiting for her to go to bed – she’s watching some crap with Dr Who and a Corrie actress who can’t act. Which is why I’m insulting you lot.

BruceWee

Difficult to tell how Glasgow are getting on this year because there’s been bugger all coverage. We’ve got a really good sport pub that can show pretty much any game providing it’s somewhere on TV but I’m getting so sick of scouring the TV guides only to find that yet again I have to follow it on the radio or by live text. Not the best way of getting a feeling for how the teams doing.

Anyway, considering that they’ve started the season without Parks, Cusiter, Kellock, and the killer B’s I’m actually pretty happy with the way the team’s playing. Weir and Jackson are shaping up nicely at stand-off and which could be the start of a pipeline of Scottish stand-off’s for Scotland that has been sadly lacking for years. All the results could have gone either way as far as I can tell so hopefully the form will pick up.

One thing that I’m really happy about is the fact that both Glasgow and Edinburgh teams are made up almost entirely of players eligible for Scotland which I hope is going to result in Scotland finally coming back to form. A lot of teams with more money seem to rely on southern hemisphere players in key positions that I don’t think will help their national teams at all.

Another encouraging statistic I heard recently was that the number of registered rugby players has gone from 15,000 a few years ago to 25,000 now with state school pupils accounting for a lot of the new people.

So I’m reasonably happy all in all. I just wish we could get some more results and some bloody coverage 🙂

sadmadalan

Like DD I too was at the LI v Munster game, supporting the home team. Disappointed that we let Munster get the point. The group is tough and the odd bonus point may the difference between getting through or not. Disappointed a bit with Munster, had Plan A and when that failed did not know what to do, looked a bit leaderless. LI players would have been sore on Sunday with the amount of tackling. Neither will win the overall cup.
    Was cracking match with two sets of supporters having a great time.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

BruceWee

BBC alba – complete with gaelic commentry has all the magners league games live and on I player. I have watched most.

Heineken cup you are reliant on Norn Irish or Welsh coverage however

BruceWee

Not for all the Glasgow games, just all the Edinburgh ones. There wasn’t even any coverage of Glasgow v Leinster. For that game I think that both BBC Alba and one of the Welsh channels were showing the same game while Glasgow got nothing.

Edit: sorry, didn’t see the iPlayer bit. I’ll need to check that next time there’s no live TV coverage.

molgrips
    Free Member

Does BBC Alba have English commentary on the red button like S4C does?

minzo
    Free Member

leinster looked good

minzo
    Free Member

O’Driscoll got injured though, not good

ourmaninthenorth

I can’t get into the season yet.

I’m still mourning the passing of this year’s League season – Wigan were magnificent..!

More play like that try, please, and less tedious, calculating play focussed on rucks where no rucking takes place

PeteG55
    Free Member

Got sent this earlier. Nice defence lol.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5nYXEHPSKE[/video]

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

m sure I saw that game – try bbc northern lreland perhaps

Maybe not *shrugs*

IdleJon

TJ, Sky have got the contract for HC so the games are unlikely to be on terrestrial, even highlights?

If any of you are following London Irish or Munster (Darcy or Sadmadalan?)and coming down to the Ospreys game let me know and bring a bike – there are some nice trails 5 minutes from the stadium!

nsaints
    Free Member

This link streamed most of the HC games last w/e…I’m guessing the same for this?
    http://www.justin.tv/twomintpork1#/w/452844384/2

Anyone seen Martin Williams citing incident…nasty so and so

sadmadalan

Highlihts were on ITV4 yesterday evening, including a decent chunk of the LI v Munster game.

IdleJon – very tempted with the Ospreys game, but I have been informed that I have a previous appointment that I agreed to go to (apparently). Thanks for the offer!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If any of you are following London Irish or Munster (Darcy or Sadmadalan?)and coming down to the Ospreys game let me know and bring a bike – there are some nice trails 5 minutes from the stadium!

Almost definitely coming for the Munster game. Been waiting for a chance to go to the Liberty and see the Ospreys. Probably doing Friday night in Swansea 😯 and the game on Saturday as my mate can’t do Saturday night/Sunday combo. Might be getting on to IJ or a_a if the ticket situation gets iffy 😉

anagallis_arvensis

looks like Martyn Williams will be rightly getting a rest, it doesnt look to bad to be honest, just giving the guy on the floor a reminder, not trying to kill him or anything. Means Warbaton will be getting some big match game time which is good.

IdleJon

Friday night in Swansea, deadlydarcy? Brave man. Have you seen those TV cop shows using cctv, showing drunken fighting? All from Wind Street!

And the last working Friday before Xmas – black Friday!

Unfortunately the pubs around the stadium are truly appalling.

Anyway give me a shout – I’ll be at the match I’d imagine.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AA -He picked on that nice chap Patterson. Not good at all. If you want to behave like that pick another ugly forward to do it to.

anagallis_arvensis

Not defending it really just saying it was a gentle reminder not to kill the ball not an attempt to seriously hurt, deserves a ban though and getting banned for attacking the most inoffensive player in international rugby is pretty stupid!!

anagallis_arvensis

so where is the guy who was telling me Andy Powell was shit and wouldnt displace Dan Ward Smith or any other mighty yomen english player?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AA – only teasing – I rather like Williams and he is not a dirty player by and large.

anagallis_arvensis

he has only got a 2 week suspension….. seems very light to me, if it was gavin henson they’d have executed him. The citing process and the bans handed out are so random its laughable.

anagallis_arvensis
    chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Ooops, when I saw the word ‘rugby’ I thought you meant proper rugby, not Rah-Rah 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘another rugby thread’ is closed to new replies.