Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Another reason to vote
  • Nick

I live in a 100% white British village, in probably a 99.9% white British costituency (North Shropshire).

The previous owners of the village shop wanted to retire so they advertised the shop and it was bought by an couple of Asian origin, I don't know if they are Indian, Pakistani etc, but they bought the shop and have committed themselves to providing a really valuable service to our community..

I was in the pub tonight and overheard someone saying 'how long till we have minoretts in the village, just wait till they bring their grandparents over to live here' etc, all cretinous statements (I retorted that they have done us all a favour by continuing the shop and making the bloody effort to provide us with a valuable service, given that bugger all interest from anyone local was made towards buying the shop).

We, like most other constituencies have a BNP candidate, and it seems likely that this idiot and his wife will be voting for him. Of course he won't win, in all likelihood the Conservative incumbant will stay on, however, I would be disgusted if the BNP were to secure anything like a meaningful proportion of the vote here because it makes me feel awful to think these people have come here, to take an opportunity, to provide us with a facility utterly central to village life, and then get a slap in the face because the BNP got a significant proportion of the vote. These people who deserve our respect and gratitude do not deserve to have to come here and wonder if they are surrounded by peole who hate them.

So, if you're thinking about not voting, because you can't be bothered, because you don't think it will make a difference, it will, vote tactically if necessary, pick the lesser of all the evils, but cast your vote for a party that doesn't believe in pandering fear of race, religion or ethnic origin.

aracer
    Free Member

Good point well made. Though to be fair the proportion of the vote the BNP get in your constituency won't make the slightest difference to the asian couple running the shop (make sure you spend more money in there instead!)

andrewh
    Free Member

Similar thing round here, only one black man in any of the surrounding villages, maybe 8 miles all round.
    Overheard conversation in the pub about 'sending them all back.'
    Someone asked about *****. 'Well, he's OK, he can stay.'

So the only black man you know is alright, but the rest have to leave? Hmmm.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

My ex's mum and dad used to go on about "the **** shop" that was their competition, bloody foreigners, coming over here, stealing their business… Took me ages to pluck up the nerve to point out that the "**** shop" was run by 2 guys of indian descent who were born and bred in edinburgh, whereas they were northern irish immigrants who'd been in scotland for less than 20 years. That didn't go down too well :mrgreen:

Expat
    Free Member

Is that why she is your EX now?

inbred853

BIKE FORUM

poppa
    Free Member

Is the conversation making you uncomfortable indbred? 😉

Nick

BIKE FORUM

Forumist!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Another reason to vote’ is closed to new replies.