Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Another Olympics fail
  • aracer
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15673648

Surprised elf isn’t already ranting about this one. How exactly is deliberately airbrushing out a ship “a simple mistake”?

DezB
    Free Member

The ship served in both World War II and the Korean War and has been moored near Tower Bridge since 1971 and was very upset at being airbrushed out of the pretty poster

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Don’t see the big deal myself. The image looks better without it.

AndyP
    Free Member

Martyn Heighton, from National Historic Ships, said it was like “airbrushing out the Houses of Parliament”.

Dear Martyn. Have you ever kissed a girl?

Junkyard
    Free Member

on ont thethames is a bit briwn th other very blue

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I saw the credits for east enders the other day, surely that’s been photoshoped, looks like East-end-on-Med!

On the OP, not too fussed, I can see why they did it, infact I’d go as far as to say they should have left it out.

aracer
    Free Member

The image looks better without it.

The image would look better if they airbrushed out everything but the river and Tower Bridge (and replaced with some lovely green fields and rolling hills). Hardly the point is it?

aP
    Free Member

I reckon I could work out to within 3 days when that photo was taken… how sad is that?

binners

Every time I see that bloody awful typeface I start twitching. Unforgivable!

tails
    Free Member

In English??

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Hardly the point is it?

Yep.

The main purpose of that image is to look good and provide some context to the area in which the festival is taking place, if the Belfast had been left in it would have created a visual pinch point in the river (with the pier on the opposite bank), lessening the effect.

It’s not intended to be a documentary piece on the area just a pretty background for a poster with a horrible typeface on it.

[edit] Beaten to typeface review by Binners.

DezB
    Free Member

There. I has put it back in.

binners

Is there a possibility, given that the olympics are being marketed worldwide, that some of the intended ‘consumers’ could have been on the business end of HMS Belfast?

IanMunro
    Free Member

And if they’d taken it when that big f-off trawler was moored next to it, it would have looked even more odd.
    In other news a cat was mistreated in Kent.

AndyP
    Free Member

Nice. Although a picture of London would be even more improved by some photos from the recent poo thread.

binners

A cat was mistreated in Kent?

Have the national press been informed?

joao3v16
    Free Member

that ship could be part of the celebrations around the Olympics

what the flip has this floating museum battleship got to do with the Olympic Games?

Other than being dull, grey and wet … a bit like next summer’s weather will be

Junkyard
    Free Member

In English??

It is not to my usual typo standards but really its not that hard to work out.
    If that fails try the picture and see what difference you note based on some of the key words above you can decipher

binners

So…. about this cat? What’s happened? Is it something that could work me up into an frothing, apoplectic, self-righteous, indignant frenzy?

Tell me more…

IanMunro
    Free Member

I don’t think you’re taking this seriously binners.
    If I had my way, people like you would be tortured to death for your lack of empathy.

Junkyard
    Free Member

iirc most pussy can do that to you Binners

torturing to death is too good for you I would let the swans deal with this kind of outrage

Travis

@binners.. I agree.
    I don’t live in the UK, so I don’t get to see the propaganda.
    I thought Junkyard had PS it on (no offence JY)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Another Olympics fail’ is closed to new replies.