Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Another iPhone question sorry?
  • ronjeremy
    Free Member

Just in the process of organising the tariff for my new iPhone and was wondering how much a 750Mb limit equates to in amount of browsing/downloading you can do as this is the fair usage limit per month on a supposed unlimited wifi and internet browsing limit. Is this a fair amount?
    Cheers

the-muffin-man

I thought data usage was unlimited? It is with my O2 deal.

Chilly
    Free Member

That's the Orange limit, isn't it? I get through a lot of data on mine but mostly on wifi rather than over the 3G network. Still, for the money I think 750Mb isn't very much and you could find yourself stuck; especially if you do any heavier surfing.

Stu_N

I've had mine for a week and been pissing about with it a lot as have been travelling with work for 3 days. Have used 125mb. I'd say 750mb is a lot. On Orange it's fair use so hopefully you won't get caned if you go over occasionaly.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

mm sadly not if you read the small print there is a fair usage policy

stuartm555
    Free Member

Depends if you plan on watching iPlayer / youtube / listening to Spotify / lastfm … etc.

750Mb is not much if you plan on doing any of them. But if you're just browsing web pages and reading emails you'll be fine

fubar
    Free Member
    GrahamS

I've used 6GB cellular on this one so far and had it less than 6 months.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

oops too late, have just ordered mine on orange, have checked and fair usage doesn't apply to wifi, so thats good and i've no intention of using Spotify/Last fm or things like that on it

CountZero

Just checked in my settings, and it says 'Sent 270 Mb, Received 3.8 Gb. My contract is now twelve months into an eighteen month total. It gets used at work, at home, everywhere, in fact. Mostly on wifi at home, and whatever hotspots I find.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Another iPhone question sorry?’ is closed to new replies.