Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Another guitar thread…
  • FoxyChick
    Free Member

I know there are a few guitar players on here, so after some advice.
    I've just taken up the acoustic guitar again after a 31 yr gap! 😯

I have a knackered, old Tatra Classic (circa 1975), and am looking to upgrade.
    So what's good?
    Budget around £250.
    Ta muchly,
    FC 8)

flip
    Free Member

Tanglewood for me 😉 lots of quality out there for £250 try Yamaha too.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

you'll pick up a taylor big baby for that price. Not an electric but if you find a nice one, they're lovely guitars to play for the price. I had one before I bought my 714ce and loved it. There's a brand called Farida as well that make decent acoustics for cheap enough. Would of thought your takamines, tanglewoods etc at that price would be ok.

kokomojoe
    Free Member

I have a Tanglewood electro acoustic for sale-complete with hardcase.Lttle used. Looking for £100+postage
    kokomojoe

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If I don't like the sound of the Yamaha ones whats the alternative,

I was thinking of asking just about the same question, except my guitar is my dad's old one so probably 45+ years old! Going to take appart the dials (whats the technical term) and gunge them up with glue to stop some of the more anoying vibrations and keep it for sentimental reasons, but something nice for everyday would be good.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

some good deals here at the moment…

guitar village 'boss gone mad sale'

personally i like simon & patrick guitars for around that budget.

mildred

I have one of these:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/29551-tanglewood-tw145-asc-premier-series-cutaway.html

Played once so it is as brand new. It will come with a new hardcase (not usually included) £300 ono posted.

email in profile

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I should have said, I don't want an electric guitar…just a nylon stringed acoustic.
    I'm learning spanish fingering techniques at the moment.

hitman
    Free Member

I should have said, I don't want an electric guitar…just a nylon stringed acoustic.
    I'm learning spanish fingering techniques at the moment.

If you're after a spanish/classical guitar then try a Raimundo for that price. I have a model 123 and it sounds really nice.

Alternatively if you know someone who is a guitar player then buy second hand as you'll get much more for your money – try the classical guitar center in birmingham for a good selection although not much in your price category at the moment:

http://www.classicalguitar.co.uk/onlinestore/classical_guitars_guitars_under_1000.html

theflatboy
    Free Member

i got a very nice washburn a few months ago, it was about £150 and it sounds excellent for the price, very nice action too.

you really need to try a few out.

nickc

Third? vote for Yamaha. I've just bought an F310 and the quality and sound for the price is hard to beat

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Thanks all.
    I have every intention of trying a few out, but find the idea of walking into a guitar shop a bit daunting, without a bit of prior knowledge!
    (Bit like walking into BikeTreks and saying…"I'd like to buy a bike please"! ) 8)

hitman
    Free Member

I have every intention of trying a few out, but find the idea of walking into a guitar shop a bit daunting, without a bit of prior knowledge!

Take someone with you who already plays and can advise you. They will be able to play the guitar as well as you and then you can listen to the sound differences between the guitars and see which you like best. Remember to try the guitars yourself , if anything just for fit rather than to play.

Good luck

theflatboy
    Free Member

somewhere like dv247 are really good even if you go in as a beginner – i hadn't played for years, and there were other customers in there who were clearly super-talented but they were very helpful and sorted me out.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Another guitar thread…’ is closed to new replies.