Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Another Bikeradar corker
  • bwaarp
    Free Member

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/forks-suspension/product/review-rockshox-revelation-rlt-ti-dual-suspension-fork-11-44925

So their several sets of Revelation Dual position airs were well balanced and reliable, 4 star bits of kit.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/forks-suspension/product/review-rockshox-revelation-rlt-ti-dual-suspension-fork-11-44925

Now they are divey, leaky PoS. Do you think Sram failed to send them enough goodies?

Bregante

TBH, they don’t change their opinion at all between those two reviews! 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    warpcow
    Free Member

If atlaz’s link is the one you meant bwaarp, then they even recommend buying the ones in your first link. Two different forks, and the second seems to be made worse specifically by the travel-adjust, which the other doesn’t have.

This is why reviews should never use stars/points.

bigrich

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/components/forks-suspension/product/review-rockshox-revelation-rct3-dual-air-12-46065

I’ve got these, spot on review. note the consistency with the dual position air at the bottom.

bigrich

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/components/forks-suspension/product/review-rockshox-revelation-rct3-dual-air-12-46065

I’ve got these, spot on review. note the consistency with the dual position air at the bottom.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Yeah sorry about posting the same reviews. The first fork does have the travel adjust, when I google both forks they have the exact same specs.

So what’s the difference between the normal revelation dual position air and the “ti” model?

Review 1: “RockShox Revelation RLT Ti Dual Position Air”

Review 2: “RockShox Revelation RLT Dual Position Air”

continuity
    Free Member

The Ti has blackbox damping and a titanium neg spring.

Next?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

While RockShox Europe only had a basic RL version spare, Fisher Outdoor Leisure will be bringing the full RLT Ti version to the UK.

Does this mean they reviewed the RLT Ti without actually having it to review?? The picture of the fork has the blue motion control knob rather than the black one on the Ti version

v10
    Free Member

Its still incorrect. They talk about MoCo DNA.. this is the new damper but the only forks with this are RCT3.

There are no RLT or RLT Ti Revelations in the UK 2012 aftermarket range.

LoCo
    Free Member

V10 the DNA dampers come in the RL RLT and RCT3 forks the DNA refers to the body of the moco itself. The workings of the RL and RLT differ very little to the older Mocos though.
    The RCT3 Moco is different in how it work though from the older systems like the RLT TI.
    The RLT TI moco body is Ti too, the rebound was also a dual flow rebound system on them, but the valving differs slightly to the 2012 Dual flow units.
    RL and RLT Revs aren’t available aftermarket for 2012 as you said too.

druidh
    Free Member

You know that thread about “why are bikes so expensive”? 🙄

shotsaway
    Free Member

The first review is done by What Mountain Bike and the second by Mountain Biker UK. So different riders/journalists with different opinions!

So no different to any of us. We all have different opinions with regard to different components.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Sorry, didn’t read right the first time round.

LoCo
    Free Member

The spring system will work differently between the two too, so it is an interesting comparison though, if you trust what they’re saying

v10
    Free Member

Your right Loco sorry my post doesn’t read how i meant 🙂

MoCo DNA can come in XX/RCT3/RLT/RL flavours, but in terms of 2012 Aftermarket Revelations its not available in RLT or RL.. which begs the question why are they writing a review in April 2012 on a fork that cant be purchased (possible OE aside).

druidh
    Free Member

No – it begs the question “why does there have to be so many variations and wouldn’t it be cheaper for everyone if they’d stop fannying around with different models and specifications

honourablegeorge

v10 – Member
    Your right Loco sorry my post doesn’t read how i meant

MoCo DNA can come in XX/RCT3/RLT/RL flavours, but in terms of 2012 Aftermarket Revelations its not available in RLT or RL.. which begs the question why are they writing a review in April 2012 on a fork that cant be purchased (possible OE aside).

‘Cos Merlin are selling hundreds of them

Kryton57

druidh – Member
    No – it begs the question “why does there have to be so many variations and wouldn’t it be cheaper for everyone if they’d stop fannying around with different models and specifications”

Becuase w’re all experts and can tell the micro differences between todays’ technology with regard to damping / rebound and therefore make a judgement on that?

IGMC

kudos100
    Free Member

Pretty sure they use a dart board to come up with the ratings on bike radar. I normally have a look and then discount it immediately.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I’m sorry but there is NOTHING on the sram website that differentiates the RLT ti from the RLT.

The models that seem to be different are the RCT3, RLT and the RL. The fork that has the blackbox motion control is the RCT3.

kaesae
    Free Member

I got a set of RLT Ti’s on ebay for £128, that had been damaged in a crash, was planning on using them to practice servicing the newer rockshox forks.

However after stripping them down fixing a few internal issues caused by the crash and cleaning / servicing them, they work spot on.

Some cosmetic damage to paint and slightly squint leg arch, however they are a very nice set of forks and finished of my new bike perfectly, which remind me it’s lovely out and I’m off for a ride!

LoCo
    Free Member

bwaarp you’re getting confused between model years.

bwaarp
    Free Member

So Sram have yet to update their website and that the 2012 model is shitter than the 2011 model in the first review? *faceplam*

Ahhh I give up. Here’s the 2012 range, there a dual air model and a dual position air. Those are the only two different models I can see. http://www.sram.com/rockshox/component/forks

Northwind

Rockshox range is once again absolutely bewildering tbh.

But does anyone else think it’s weird to review an obviously broken fork as if it’s working normally? Surely the right thing to do is to get it fixed then write a review of it performing correctly, but note that it had reliability issues?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Another Bikeradar corker’ is closed to new replies.