• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Jase.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Annus Horribilis….so far
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Worked hard to build a good base for this year only to…
    Crash and hurt my back which meant riding with pain until late March.
    Return to riding Good Friday only to crash again and bust a rib.
    Which has meant canceling all my early road races and XC races.
    Then I decided I was fit enough to have a go at the FNSS yesterday.
    But then an old lady crashed into the back of my car, borrowed the wifes determined to race that night, finished work forty minutes before the race start, set off then realised my bike shoes and gloves were in the smashed up car, went to garage retrieved kit, got to race, signed on, rode to start, punctured on first lap.
    Ar$e buscuits.

forge197
    Free Member

reckon that’s telling you not to race this year, focus on 2010.

ETA – that is a run of bad luck though and sorry to hear that…..

hitman
    Free Member

bad luck, but surely things can’t get any worse

muggomagic

Bad luck.

So far this year I have been made redundant, had my home repossessed, my wife is pregnant with our 3rd child and is suffering with depression (which is no surprise!).
    At least I have my health, I would be lost if on top of this I couldn’t ride my bike as it is that, my kids and booze that are keeping me from cracking up.
    I am in no way trying to belittle your problems as I am a firm believer in there is always someone worse off (and realise how lucky I am that I live in a country that will help out people like myself). It’s just when I saw the title it struck a chord.

It has been a tough year so far.

oldgit
    Free Member

I feel pants now muggomagic.
    I do hope life pans out for you, I nearly lost everything last year through my business (was’nt limited) and got taken for many tens of thousands, I’ll be catching up for a while now. And on top of that my wife will be getting results from her possible cancer tests on the 19th.
    Riding has been the one thing that’s kept me sane and free of a corona and now that’s trying to do me!

muggomagic

Don’t feel pants mate. Now that the house is gone and we’ve moved things are certainly on the up. I’ve spent the last year fighting for something that I could no longer afford (due to taking a 25% paycut). Although losing the house still hurts at times, it could well be the best thing that could have happened. At least it will be one less thing to worry about.
    Hope all goes well for your wife. As I said before (certainly wasn’t tongue in cheek either). At least my family and I, all have our health (just about).
    Good luck.

anagallis_arvensis

so far this year I havent ridden at all due to **** hips at age 35, so consider yourself lucky!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

bad luck, but surely things can’t get any worse

I said that last year around this time… I couldn’t have been more wrong 🙁

Life sometimes throws you one of these curve balls – sometimes it’s best just to shrug your shoulders and try to get on with other things for a bit.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I am a firm believer in there is always someone worse off (and realise how lucky I am that I live in a country that will help out people like myself).

Hear hear.

I’ve been through my fair share of crap, mainly through no fault of my own, but you can’t sit around whinging and feeling sorry for yourself. Very few people, if any, will give a shit about your plight.

Best thing is to always try and look on the positive side of things, and see just how lucky you really are. This can be extremely difficult, at times, but being able to think positively is a strength that can get you through all sorts of crises. We are extremely fortunate to live in a society where there are lots of resources to help us out, if needed. It’s all about being able to identify and accept which resources are available to you, and how you can use them, to help yourself out of trouble.

Chin up.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Hey remember that’s also what STW is good for, there are always people in similar situations that have come through. We can all pass on positive vibes and through riding everything works out.
    Get out and hammer an hour of awesoem singletrack, that’ll put a smile on your face.
    Good luck all. x

rhysboy1
    Free Member

I’ve got a horrible anus too – I think it might be piles. 😆

RudeBoy
    Free Member

We don’t wish to know about your horrible anus. Get thi’sen to the doctors, immediately.

And no scrattin…

Jase
    Free Member

OG – You need to take up a different sport, I’ll be round to take the Giant off your hands 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Annus Horribilis….so far’ is closed to new replies.