Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • annoying phrases
  • hilldodger
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member
    Words like stoked and gnarly sound a bit wrong when British people say them.

You need to speak in a spoof posh english accent to give them a whole new lease of life….

…I say old chap, one was jolly well stoked after that gnarly descent

HermanShake
    Free Member

“rate it” Rate it……… and there’s never any closure. I highly rate it would suffice.

I particularly can’t stand misuse of the word rape to refer to the excessive use of something “I’ve totally raped my overdraft” also the word “frape”.

I was told I was being raped at chess once 😯

Sure I lost, but that was all.

Guestimate.
    Diss (unless you are referring to an act in the world of hip hop).

An aquaintance recently wrote “I don’t have his numero on my ringa” on FB which made me cringe. I like to purposefully use daft phrases and puns but that’s beyond reasonable usage.

Generally language misuse amuses me leaving my bladder contents at a homeostatic 37.5 degrees.

Cougar

Nailed-it. (As in We Nailed-it)

Hammered. (As In we hammered down there)

Unless you are builder or a carpenter you cannot use these words.

… or a pimp.

cookeaa

I particularly can’t stand misuse of the word rape to refer to the excessive use of something “I’ve totally raped my overdraft” also the word “frape”.

I have a friend (with a particularly Dark sense of humour who has been known to use the word “Thrape” derived from “Thrice Raped” the context in which this phrase is used is seldom particularly savory and his delivery of it would make Fred West Shudder, but somehow he manages to make it quite amusing… He is in IT though, which explains alot….

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Haven’t read thread from beginning but “kick off” in the Danny Dyer a-fight-starting sense of the phrase, and “on my watch”, both of which I have heard more than once in the House of Commons in the past few weeks, should both be legislated against.

julianwilson
    Free Member

“I run wankybars/11speed/wonder-grips etc on my bike.”

No.

You can run round the park in your tracksuit.
    You can run a pub, a shop, a network of secret agents, or even a computer program/application.

You have wankybars/11speed/wonder-grips on your bike, but rest easy, your bike is therefore better than everyone else’s.

Cougar

I want a bike with wankybars on it.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I’m afraid wankybars are only available in the new OOS (Over-Over-Size) 35.0mm ‘standard’, 880mm width cut-down-able to a svelte 750mm, and in anodised cerise, topaz or campylobacter yello-brown colorways.

Cougar

Shit. Guess I need a new bike.

Cougar

Also, I’m considering reporting your post, BECAUSE IT’S AWESOME.

RagTi
    Free Member

“Oh my god that is so High Brow”, spurted one of Moyles sad little gimpy f!wits on Radio 1 yesterday.

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘annoying phrases’ is closed to new replies.