Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Angleset for 1 1/8th headset
  • 5AM
    Free Member

I know I’d be interested in one

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirt-exclusive-1-18-angleset-campaign.html#comment-61312

it would be great if Cane Creek did start to make them.

ninjatune
    Free Member

yeah but that one is headtube length dependant, the angleset is not, that’s what makes it so good.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yea, but I guess with a bit of TH industries know how it’s possible, just externalising the internal bits of the 1.5 version.

I think all it will prove is that HA’s arent the be all and end all of handling, everyone will slacken off their frames by 1.5deg becasue if you don’t you just wont be GNARRRR enough.

Which leves designers with 2 options, build frames too steep and let mags like MBR ‘save’ them with an angleset so everyone has to buy frame + angleset. Or make them slack/just right for everyone, only to be ruined becasue everyone wants to look more GNARRRR than the other bloke in the glentress car park.

ninjatune
    Free Member

the head angle is certainly not the be all and end all of handling, but it is extremely important and i kind of think you’re missing the point. You can’t argue that bikes have slackened off over the years (and it’s a good thing), which leaves a whole load of older bikes out there that could benefit from one of these.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I think it will be great because I have a 06 Enduro with Pikes on it. The head angle is fine for normal riding but it is a little steep for full on DH riding. An angleset would be a good fit. Remember you could also use it backwards and steepen up already slack frames so you can use longer forks and maintain the current HA.

legend
    Free Member

the head angle is certainly not the be all and end all of handling

you try telling that to the guy riding a Mondraker Summum at Glentress last weekend!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

The head angle is fine for normal riding but it is a little steep for full on DH riding

you will be limited by your ability before you are limited by the headangle £50 says

kimbers

im not so sure dirtyrider slacker headangle improves your confidence on steep stuff and ime a 30mm increase in fork travel can make a frame handle very differently

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Angleset for 1 1/8th headset’ is closed to new replies.