Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Andy Powell…
  • bullheart
    Free Member

What a clown the fella is, regardless of his ‘mad skillz’…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/13280443.stm

robbo1234biking

I dont even think he is a particuarly good player to be honest. Another one of to australia perhaps?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I dont even think he is a particuarly good player to be honest.

Agreed.

Chump.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Another Welsh rugby player in behaving like a footballer shocker. I suppose they’re just copying the role models in the stands at the millenimum. 🙂

boxfish
    Free Member

Runs sideways too much. Who does he think he is, Shane Williams?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Shane Williams?

Well they’ve both got shit hair.

toys19
    Free Member

Yup he is a bit crap and a bit of w*nker to boot.

ton

have wales ever had any world class forwards?

just asking like.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ton – Member

Viet Gwent
    Nugget
    Charvis (World’s leading try scoring forward, IIRC)
    Gethin Jenkins
    I could go on if you like. Oh, and they all play a man’s sport, not run and wriggle! 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Good to see you back on form ton.

boxfish
    Free Member

Headless chicken on the pitch, brainless twunt off it.

He’ll doubtless be drunk somewhere at this very moment offering out all and sundry.

Scamper
    Free Member

On the plus side he is abondoning a rapidly sinking ship.

anagallis_arvensis

Gethin Jenkins and Adam Jones of the current bunch. Nugget has never been world class, talented though he is, neither was Charvis. Scott Quinell circa the 2001 lions tour, ie after league and before the injuries got to him was world class.

Powell aint crap either, just not anything more than an average international. He’ll get another job at a decent team.

Pigface
    Free Member

Disagree on Nugget, I think Mongo is great, it is as if the proffesional era has passed him by 😉

bullheart
    Free Member

Adam Jones is okayish. Gethin Jenkins is a magnificent player on his day…

Martyn Williams has been the outstanding welsh forward of the modern game.

BigJohn

Runs sideways too much.

I thought that was Tim Johnson.

Scamper
    Free Member

Considering he is what, second in the all time try list, can you imagine how good Williams would be if he ran straight?

Jones and Jenkins are world class props and Rees is pretty handy. Martyn Williams was world class.

Powell was playing ok for Pests, and i’d expect him to snapped up soon.

Junkyard
    Free Member

puts in inane comment about how wendy ball players were meant to be the thugs and rugbyists gentleman gets flamed exists

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Martyn Williams was pure class. Absolutely brilliant player.

Scamper
    Free Member

His side of the story was he was set upon, but he should never have put himself in that position.

I suspect Pests sacked him more for bleating to the press first.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Well in fairness, trouble can happen anywhere and why should he be in trouble for getting attacked?
    Of course, if there’s more to to it..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

JY this is all a bit complicated for you. I hear your team of bribe-taking, shop assistant roasting, drug taking, granny shagging, ex big brother contestant shagging then dumping then taking injunctions out, diving footballers won this evening. Best stick to that thread, eh.

manitou
    Free Member

Andy Powell? isn’t he the original flying V weilding lesd guitar player for the mighty Wishbone Ash?

CountZero

I was expecting to read that Andy Powell from Wishbone Ash had died or something. Glad that’s not the case, I’ll let you go back to your argument.

anagallis_arvensis

Martyn Williams was world class

Sorry cannot agree, wonderfully talented and a joy to watch, he could do things no other flanker would but he was never world class. There have always been at least 5 players better than him. He’s no where near the standard of Mcaw.

bullheart
    Free Member

Name them.

robbo1234biking

aa – arent you a welsh supporter? Quite surprising to hear someone who follows Wales not thinking that MW is world class!

Muddydwarf – didnt they view CCTV of the incident and that is why Tim Payne was exonerated?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Andy Powell – if he had a brain cell it would be lonely

anagallis_arvensis

name them

Mcaw
    george smith
    Phl Waugh
    Schak Burger
    david Pocock
    neil Back
    josh kronfeld
    marty Hollah

duckman

Mongo saaad….Mongo take nice go cart,Mongo sent to High Wycome naughty step…Mongo get angry with bad men who say Mongo cannot dress himself…

The poor bugger lost two pints of blood,and was by all accounts set upon.I don’t think the blame for this one can be laid at his door.Didn’t handle the press etc too well afterwards,but not the sharpest toll in the box.I hope he gets a game for somebody,I don’t think he is THAT good,but he could do a job in the Premiership.

BTW I would add Brousoww(?)to the list of better flankers

PS; nice to see JY appear in a thread on rugby as per usual,even nicer to see him owned by DD.

Roblilly
    Free Member

AA, how could you leave Richard Hill off that list?

Scamper
    Free Member

AA – you’ve just named several players going back over 15 years, spanning 3 generations, most of which had the luxury of playing in world class teams. You could argue 5 players in that list better than Neil Back, but you’d not argue he was not world class in his pomp.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Roblilly – Member
    AA, how could you leave Richard Hill off that list?

Richard was mainly a blind side flanker, not open.

anagallis_arvensis

I listed players who I thought had careers overlapping with MW who had better careers. I’m pretty sure MW said himself after the last Lions tour in NZ that NZ had at least 3 open sides better than any others in the world. I dont think there was ever a time when I would have considered MW the best in the world. e lways came up short aganst the best due to a lack of power. bit like Shane Williams really another player I love to watch and another of my favourites, but wa he ever the bst in the world? Shane has been world class but maybe never the best.

anagallis_arvensis

True richard Hill did play open side for the 2001 Lions didnt he? but as said was mainly a blind side

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He moved around, yes, but IIRC most of his playing career was at 6, not 7.

Fupping great player wherever he played, mind you!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fupping great player wherever he played, mind you!

Weren’t you sayingbullshitting the other day that you went to school with him?

In the green corner (well, what did you expect?), we have Fergus Slattery 🙂

Scamper
    Free Member

AA, i take your point, but surely there is a difference between being the best in the world and being world class though?

As for Shane – IRB world player of the year?

anokdale
    Free Member

Great Welsh forwards Phil Davies for one. Slightly biased as he did so well as director of rugby at Leeds Tykes as it was.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Didn’t go to school with him Darcy, but played against his school, as well as playing with him at representative schoolboy level rugby.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Andy Powell…’ is closed to new replies.