Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Android users – music files – what software do you use?
  • ourkidsam
    Free Member

I use my iPod less and less these days and with the arrival of a new SD card I’m going to put all my tunes on my Android.

I doubt I’m going to be able to use iTunes to manage the syncing – what do people use to do this? I know Windows Media Player is an option – is it any good these days? What about media centre – it looks slick, but style over substance?

Mackem

Personally I jusr drag and dro but winamp seems to have plug-ins for pretty much every device around. I used that with my ipod.

legspin
    Free Member

I just drag and drop what music I want on my phone using explorer.
    But have just started using the Amazon app to downloads MP3’s straight onto my phone.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Doubletwist is good and there is a wireless sync option as well. Can’t beat good old drag and drop though.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

realplayer beta here

Cougar

Drag & drop here. EStrong’s File Manager means I don’t even have to plug it in, just browse the LAN directly over WiFi.

I can heartily recommend PowerAMP as music player of choice, it’s made of win.

Stoner
    Free Member

media monkey to sync – including my bbc podcasts

iDave
    Free Member

i use itunes on my mac and tunesync on my htc to add music in the background, in the absence of wires

initially though i just used a card adapter and loaded a library onto the microSD before put it in the phone.

takisawa2

Media Player works fine on my DHD. That wi-fi one sounds good though.

druidh
    Free Member

You hair straightener plays music???

davcow
    Free Member

I use doubletwist as it lets me sync playlists from iTunes.

dmjb4
    Free Member

drag and drop using explorer. why complicate things with an unnecessary third party program? A syncing application is just clutter slowing down your pc.

CountZero

If the ‘droid plays the file format your music is in then just d’n’d onto the card from iTunes then find the files with the phone’s player. My old N95 would happily play songs I’d just dragged from iTunes onto an 8Gb SD Micro. If a clunky old featurephone like that would play AAC ripped music files then your super-whizzy ‘droid ought to. There should be no need for any other ‘ware if your music’s on iTunes.

CountZero

From what I’ve just read, Android can’t play WMA files because Android is open source and WMA is proprietary licencenced to Microsoft. I don’t know what ‘droid comes with as standard as a music player, but it should play open source files; AAC/MP4, MP3, OGG.

stuartm555
    Free Member

Spotify … Does cost £10 a month though

Doug
    Free Member

Winamp with transcoding enabled for compatability and shrinking larger, higher bitrate files.

lodious
    Free Member

I’m sure someone sent me a link to enable an Andriod phone work with iTunes. If you want to carry on using iTunes a goggle search should throw it up. Personally I use Media Monkey as I rip FLAC for using on the stereo and convert to .mp3 for the phone, it’s a bug ridden piece of tat, but there are some nice features.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Where do you drag from? I’m sat looking at Itunes. Do I need to go into windows explorer.

colin@rush
    Free Member

You do it will be in program files, somewhere Itunes will have its own file with your music in, just drag and drop the music you want onto your SD card by far the simplest method 🙂

Lesanita2
    Free Member

thanks Col. That was unexpectedly easy. I thought Itunes was going to be restrictive from dnd.

I may even try setting up a network so I can do it without wires. Not hopeful of success on this though, its always gone wrong in the past.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Android users – music files – what software do you use?’ is closed to new replies.